Random food stuffs

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Random food stuffs - fried

Post by Artful Drunktective »

This is painful and near impossible to decide. Beings how all of these are my favorite things, I'm trying to envision if they were all sitting out at a party...what would I go for first? I think I would actually go for the chicken strips. Mozz sticks were close though.

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Random food stuffs

Post by scream ale »

That's a tough. I know they aren't as exciting as the jalapeno poppers but I've always loved french fries.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

I've never had hush puppies and I don't really know what chicken tenders are (is it just fried chicken strips?)

I'm with scream...the others are class but chips are the one i'm gonna eat the most often.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:27 am
I've never had hush puppies and I don't really know what chicken tenders are (is it just fried chicken strips?)

I'm with scream...the others are class but chips are the one i'm gonna eat the most often.
I also don't know what hush puppies are but I assume I haven't had them
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Yeah they're breaded and fried strips of chicken. Usually chicken breast. They're fine and all but every time I eat them I just wish I had chicken wings instead.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:48 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Yeah they're breaded and fried strips of chicken. Usually chicken breast. They're fine and all but every time I eat them I just wish I had chicken wings instead.
ahh ok...yeah chicken breast is a little boring isn't it. I prefer fried veal...like veal milanese

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

jalapeno poppers
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
benitobeast69 wrote:
Oooh that's a good one. Wings do rock. I woulda gone for those absolutely had they been an option.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:55 am
scream ale wrote:
benitobeast69 wrote:
ahh ok...yeah chicken breast is a little boring isn't it. I prefer fried veal...like veal milanese
Hell yeah veal Milanese! I'm all about cutlets of any kind. Katsu...schnitzels...YES!

Here's the thing about chicken tenders...they are similar to fish n' chips in that you can get them everywhere and some are fking amazing and some are just meh. Dipping sauces are also a huge requirement to make it a most satisfactory experience. White gravy - YES! Maybe even a good ranch dressing. But this one restaurant I would get them from had a honey mustard mayo blend that was off the hook.

I can see why tenders are boring to many as they are basically a high quality chicken nugget. But some are just crazy good, like Chili's Chicken Crispers for example. Chili's also has honey-chipotle option that looks pretty bangin'.

https://www.chilis.com/menu/chicken-cri ... n-crispers
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:59 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:55 am
scream ale wrote:

Hell yeah veal Milanese! I'm all about cutlets of any kind. Katsu...schnitzels...YES!

Here's the thing about chicken tenders...they are similar to fish n' chips in that you can get them everywhere and some are fking amazing and some are just meh. Dipping sauces are also a huge requirement to make it a most satisfactory experience. White gravy - YES! Maybe even a good ranch dressing. But this one restaurant I would get them from had a honey mustard mayo blend that was off the hook.

I can see why tenders are boring to many as they are basically a high quality chicken nugget. But some are just crazy good, like Chili's Chicken Crispers for example. Chili's also has honey-chipotle option that looks pretty bangin'.

https://www.chilis.com/menu/chicken-cri ... n-crispers
those look good enough that I'd even be able to put up with being served food on an office filing tray...

and yeah I think we have the same thing here but they just aren't called chicken tenders...and yeah like you say both Katsu and schnitzel are the shit....I always hated Italian American and Italian English food and saw it as like a shitty copy of the real deal... but I have to admit I do have a guilty pleasure for a good chicken parm.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I love Chili’s. Unfortunately the closest one is an hour away.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Nausea wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:58 am
I love Chili’s. Unfortunately the closest one is an hour away.
Love Chili's too. They are one of those places that has so many awesome things on the menu, that it's hard to decide what to order. Evidently we have them too but nowhere even remotely close to us. Might as well be in another country, they are that far.
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Onion Rings. No question.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Gravy and Bloody Marys!
Maybe replace one bowl of scrambies with some fried eggs? And yeah also kinda missing the biscuits as I'd make a sausage, egg, and cheese biskie and dip it in gravy but still wouldn't be disappointed in that spread.

Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

That’s a nice spread. But what’s missing? Maybe a boat of hollandaise, a pitcher of vodka mimosas, diced breakfast potatoes. Replace one of the fried chicken plates with fried eggs, maybe some biscuits, like AD said. And I see sausage patties, but where’s the links? Could use a little cottage bacon and ham too in addition to the regular stuff. How about some toast and croissants while we’re at it.

This breakfast spread looks suspiciously southernish in style. Northern style breakfasts skip the fried chicken and go heavy on the meat selection (bacon, sausage, ham, steak). Dairy products are also more prevalent with northern breakfasts as you can get a choice of different cheeses on just about anything. Cheddar on your crispy hash browns is a winner.

And there’s no bong.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ