Random food stuffs

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Random food stuffs

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:49 am
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:49 am
I especially hate it when people put ketchup on their eggs.
That`s just sickening
Ketchup on eggs isn't really abnormal....I'd always have brown sauce though...when I make a full English I often 3 sauce...I'll have some spicy ketchup on my sausage and bacon, brown sauce on my eggs, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms and English mustard on my black pudding....it's a lengthy affair just adding sauces. lol
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

In germany some folks put Maggi sauce on hard boiled eggs. I thought it was gross, but I learned to like it.

Maggi is a brand from switzerland btw. Very famous around europe for their soy like seasonings
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:10 am
In germany some folks put Maggi sauce on hard boiled eggs. I thought it was gross, but I learned to like it.

Maggi is a brand from switzerland btw. Very famous around europe for their soy like seasonings
hahah Maggi is great...in Germany does it call itself "liquid seasoning"? Like why be so mysterious??.....I find you can pretty much use Maggi in any situation where you'd use Worcestershire.

also to add to my sauce on breakfast comment...I could also very easily just go hot sauce all over.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:32 am
Worcestershire.

is no maggi at all
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I love ketchup on my egg sammies and scrambled eggs. Fight me!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Patchez wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:14 pm
To give you the benefit of the doubt...I've never even tried it, and not because I'm a snob. I think it's only because I lean towards salsa / hot sauce instead.
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:30 pm
Patchez wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:14 pm
To give you the benefit of the doubt...I've never even tried it, and not because I'm a snob. I think it's only because I lean towards salsa / hot sauce instead.
I love eggs and chili....when i have leftover chili from the night before I'll spoon some over a thick slice of toast and then pop a runny egg on top. It's a banger.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

While we are on the topic of eggs... how do y'all feel about runny eggs on pizza? I think that's a NAY for me (AND Guy Fieri, and merchant seaman). But yes, of course, I would try it to be sure. And depends on what's on the pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ic2eJ-1sE
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I feel like I've done that with leftover pizza. Either put a runny egg on top or I was dunkin the slice in the egg. Maybe it was all a dream.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I've done the runny egg between 2 slices of leftover meat lovers pizza as a sort of sammich. Hit the spot for a morning after.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Patchez wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:53 am
I've done the runny egg between 2 slices of leftover meat lovers pizza as a sort of sammich. Hit the spot for a morning after.
scream ale wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:20 am
I feel like I've done that with leftover pizza. Either put a runny egg on top or I was dunkin the slice in the egg. Maybe it was all a dream.

Ok that actually doesn't sound too bad. Kinda reminds me of using a tortilla to dip in the egg which rocks, or a breakfast burrito with the meat and runny eggs. With homemade salsa or hot sauce of course.

Funny too, that both of you said "leftover" pizza. Bunch o' effin' drunkards!
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

yeah eggs are great on pizza...I've made it before a couple of times as a white pizza with moz, chilli, spinach, a couple of egg yolks and a good amount of parmigiano...works great..i do prefer just the yolks though as the whites tend to still be a little runny if you're cooking super hot and fast.

I can imagine it would be awesome with some pancetta as well...or maybe even some hot italian sausage.

a classic Parma with some good prosciutto, rocket and parmigiano would also be a banger....just make a plain mozzarella pizza with egg cracked on and then add the prosciutto, rocket and parmigiano after....could even separate just egg yolks and add them on raw with the other raw ingredients and let them cook a tiny bit in the residual heat of the pizza.

getting hungry now...

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

I'm here to ruin your day just making you think about how offensive this would be if I were to tell you that you can only have three choices. Let's say to make it better, you can pick three FOR FREE for life but can't have any of the others- EVER. Think long and hard drunkards...it's harder than you think!

I do wonder though...if I pick tacos...does this mean I can't have carne asada tacos if I don't pick steak as another choice? Or if I pick tacos then it's a free for all. Hmmm...

Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

I'm gonna go tacos, pizza and burgers....

as an Englishman it was tough not picking fried fish but I think it's just how shitty the fish looks in that pic that swayed me.

bbq ribs was another one I was upset to let go....I'd have other options when I light the smoker up though.

crab legs would be number 1 if they were cheaper meaning I could have them more often...Also it only specifies crab legs...I'd have other crab/lobster options.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Much as I love a good fish fry and BBQ ribs I'm copying benito and going with burgers, pizza and tacos. In that order.