Gin & Limonata

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Gin & Limonata

Post by Gin McGuinness »

San Pellegrino's version of bitter lemon... yummy. I suppose those that like vodka over gin would like it too. I might have to try the Aranciata.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

Dark Rum, Like Pusser's or Whaler's, is excellent w/Limonata. And by excellent, I mean getting pantless drunk it is so tasty. Note: do not introduce this concotion to your mother. I learned this the hard way.

Raoul_Duke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Raoul_Duke »

DrDrinkBastard wrote:Dark Rum, Like Pusser's or Whaler's, is excellent w/Limonata. And by excellent, I mean getting pantless drunk it is so tasty. Note: do not introduce this concotion to your mother. I learned this the hard way.
Quite. I too have found that it's in my best interest to avoid introducing any matriarchal family members to any drink that gets you "pantless drunk". I dislike sweet drinks of any kind, and love both citrus and gin. This sounds like a winning combination.
"Rid the mind of knowledge when looking for pleasure.
Or start thinking and find a lot of pain."
---J. P. Donleavy

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Raoul_Duke wrote:I too have found that it's in my best interest to avoid introducing any matriarchal family members to any drink that gets you "pantless drunk".
totally concur. My mother fell in love with pomegrante martini's and was totally throwing herself at one of my guy friends at our big reunion dinner in Dallas. The whole table knew what was going on and it wasn't funny.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Raoul_Duke
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Gin McGuinness wrote:
Raoul_Duke wrote:I too have found that it's in my best interest to avoid introducing any matriarchal family members to any drink that gets you "pantless drunk".
totally concur. My mother fell in love with pomegrante martini's and was totally throwing herself at one of my guy friends at our big reunion dinner in Dallas. The whole table knew what was going on and it wasn't funny.
Exactly. I don't have a story quite as bad as that, but I can only imagine the embarrassment and awkward pauses in conversation that ensued. Sometimes things are funny after the fact, and sometimes things just never turn out to be funny. I'll bet yours is a case that won't be funny for anyone involved anytime soon. But, that's part of the tragic beauty of drinking. We do things that we would usually never even consider when s*ber.
"Rid the mind of knowledge when looking for pleasure.
Or start thinking and find a lot of pain."
---J. P. Donleavy