I am deeply interested in dessert drink recipes

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I am deeply interested in dessert drink recipes

Post by Savage »

Seeing as it is past midnight and still hot as fuck here, I'm laying waste to a huge box of strawberries. So, what to drink with them? I mean, my plain old bourbon with ice seems not quite up to it, you know? Grumpy has been passed out on the comfy couch for hours now, so he's no damn help.
like tears in rain

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: I am deeply interested in dessert drink recipes

Post by whiskeyprick »

I got some molding strawberries too and I'm not talking about my balls (this time). I dunno, I got wine and beer.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I have poured champagne over berries, but it seemed unnecessary and a waste of good cheap wine. And that thing with the pepper is bs.
like tears in rain

SourMash
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SourMash »

Snagged this from about.com, it's supposedly a Strawberry Julep. The quantity of booze involved seems ridiculously low to me, however, if it turns out to be swill you're not out that much.

Ingredients:

For each drink:
2 large ripe strawberries, washed and hulled
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup good quality bourbon
Preparation:

Crush 1 strawberry in a julep tumbler or similar glass , about 10 to 12 ounces in size. Add sugar and a small amount of bourbon, about 2 to 3 teaspoons; stir until sugar is dissolved. Fill glass or tumbler half full with crushed ice. Add remaining bourbon; stir, not touching cup with hand, until blended.
Fill glass with crushed ice. Stir, not touching with hands, until the cup frosts. Cut remaing strawberry in slices; use to garnish the julep. If desired, garnish with a sprig of mint.

OG_drunkie
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by OG_drunkie »

i have an AWESOME desert drink recipe.
it consists of one cold beer of your choice and several berrys or other desert food. personally i like french silk pies

open one beer and pour it into your glass.
fuck teh desert unless you really want a piece of that french silk pie