Drinking rut, looking for recommendations ...

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Drinking rut, looking for recommendations ...

Post by Mr. Viking »

The Limey wrote:Try calvados. The aged stuff is better but like whisky, it has plenty of variation from rotgut to sublime. It has a nice drunk buzz.
best fruit based spirit? Definitely beats brandy, everyone should be drinking it
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

Mr. Viking wrote:best fruit based spirit?
Yes.
Mr. Viking wrote:Definitely beats brandy,
Yes.
Mr. Viking wrote:everyone should be drinking it
And ... yes.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Go to one of your nicer locals at an off-peak time and ask the stickperson if s/he is working on anything. It'll probably be fruity as hell but most likely free. After tasting a few prototypes you'll be more inclined to slide back into a classic. Bring tip money.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

ScurvyDog
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ScurvyDog »

Get a bottle of tequila, put it in the freezer until it pours like cough syrup....shoot.
The perfect combination of redneck and beach bum.

sloweducation
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by sloweducation »

If you don't like sweet, you can't go wrong with a Diet Mountain Dew and whiskey...50/50 though, because you're a drunk. It is such a weird, nice combination.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

sloweducation wrote:If you don't like sweet, you can't go wrong with a Diet Mountain Dew and whiskey...50/50 though, because you're a drunk. It is such a weird, nice combination.
Hell yeah, good one, also awesome with ginger ale!

PFrank

Post by PFrank »

Thanks for the Whiskey tip. I've found Bourbon, diet Ginger Ale, and some lemon to be quite the combo. :)

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

brandy and ginger ale sprite with lemon lime or some hash to go with it.

mediakill
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by mediakill »

okay i might get shot down for this one given the lack of love here for fruity liqueur. But this ones not saccharine sticky sweet. I suggest cherry cordial i personally love Wisinowka its a cherry cordial and its pretty good. When i feel in the mood for a switch from the vodka and wouldn't mind something a little fruity. Not sickening sweet that you go augh after a few shots; i suggest Starka Wisinowka. Its not some cheapee 15-20 proof but 40% in vodka and hard liquear territory. Good for when the ladies are around or shit even when the bros are around mixed with sprite. Include women in the equation and my homeland of Poland isn't so bad. 30z (10 bucks or so) for 750ml. Its not cheap tasting and not ashamed to put it in my pricey crystal decanter