Breakfast drinks

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Breakfast drinks

Post by mistah willies »

steved2112 wrote:We usually stock Corona Light because beer and water in equal parts is a nice thing to use for slaking thirst. When my nighttime Heaven Hill deposits mature into morning shakes, I will often level things off with a bottle of the Corona Light.

Since this tends to reduce a bleary hangover to a mild fatigue, I am convinced it contributes to my productivity.

Beers has its uses. Yup, fro those who have to do shit the next day, or later on in the dame day. I should not be here. I am drunk again.

fuck yeah
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

steved2112 wrote:We usually stock Corona Light because beer and water in equal parts is a nice thing to use for slaking thirst. When my nighttime Heaven Hill deposits mature into morning shakes, I will often level things off with a bottle of the Corona Light.

Since this tends to reduce a bleary hangover to a mild fatigue, I am convinced it contributes to my productivity.
Whatever makes it for you. May you thrive and kick ass! Mornings are my time of surrender... old farts are really pushing their luck... drinking is a definite liability...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Eh, no, feculent is just a word. I thought it meant something like farty, but, alas, it is horrid. Grumpy does not, and I certainly do not, and let us never go there again. Kind of like all this talk of Corona light. Light beer is disgusting. STFU. Oh yeah, Miss, Poinsettia is that. A local restaurant here serves it up. Kind of ugly, but breakfast yummy.
like tears in rain

wired
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by wired »

Whiskey and coffee. A bit of booze to soothe the hangover pain and some caffeine to get the system running again. Plus, I know a great cafe where they don't mind if I bring my own whiskey to spike my coffee.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Straight bourbon followed by a boutique dairy glass of milk does it for me. Broguiere, I think it is called. (can't be troubled to go downstairs and check)
like tears in rain

Absinthe
Souse
Souse

Post by Absinthe »

The first things that come to my mind are Irish coffee and a tequila sunrise.
"Bacchus opens the gate of the heart."
— Homer

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Or if one wants to revisit one's childhood, a sharp pony of Makers in a glass of chocolate milk will do it. Or, pour said over a bowl of Frosted Flakes --Tony the tiger says "They're Great!" Eye opener, you bet.
like tears in rain

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

White Russians over Cocoa Pebbles.... chocolatey and boozy.Mmmmmmmm.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

JohnnyTequila
Souse
Souse

Post by JohnnyTequila »

I'll say it again, screwdrivers are underrrated.

Girlie
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Girlie »

I usually go for the Mimosa option and enjoy the Poinsettia as an alternative as well. I've tried to like a Bloody Mary, but it's too much like cold, heavy soup for me in the morning.

A local restaurant recently introduced me to the "Man-mosa" which I very much enjoyed:

1 ounce Stoli Orange
4 ounces Blue Moon hefeweizen
4 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
orange twist, to garnish

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Yeah, the Bloody always seems like soup gone wrong. Cold is for citrus and wine, not tomato and veggies.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:Yeah, the Bloody always seems like soup gone wrong. Cold is for citrus and wine, not tomato and veggies.
Wait just one minute my dear, Bloody Mary's are the quintessential morning drink for those who indulge early for one reason or another. The tomato juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce etc. is a great combo to restore important nutrients to a starving body that has exhausted their reserve of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Beer chasers are optional.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Lush City wrote:
Savage wrote:Yeah, the Bloody always seems like soup gone wrong. Cold is for citrus and wine, not tomato and veggies.
Wait just one minute my dear, Bloody Mary's are the quintessential morning drink for those who indulge early for one reason or another. The tomato juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce etc. is a great combo to restore important nutrients to a starving body that has exhausted their reserve of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Beer chasers are optional.
Well, yes, I suppose it is healthy and full of those vitamins and nutrients, but alas. I do not like. Yest I do like all of the ingredients.
Except that I have never had one yet. So perhaps I am being wrongheaded. ???
like tears in rain

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

I gotta agree. I never had a taste for gazpacho, for instance. But give me a couple of ice cold pale ales for breakfast, and I'm ready for just about anything.

Absinthe
Souse
Souse

Post by Absinthe »

Mimosa, tequila sunrise, screwdriver, Irish coffee. Alternatively, just take shots and not give a shit about the formalities.

I would say bloody marys, but I prefer those for lunch, with a grilled cheese or some kind of sandwich.
"Bacchus opens the gate of the heart."
— Homer