Breakfast drinks

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Breakfast drinks

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I try not to miss my porridge these days, but when time is scarce and I need a morning boost, I go with my trusty shower beer - usually Tennent's Lager.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

JohnnyTequila wrote:I'll say it again, screwdrivers are underrrated.
I, for one have rarely heard them denigrated, though perhaps they are due more undying praise
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I like oatmeal with brown sugar and milk and butter. How nice would a bourbon be with that?
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

And I found these nice peach Bellini things that one should mix with champagne. Bevmo had them. We bought a few, and enjoyed them, but today I noticed that our remaining ones expired a bit of a time ago.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:I like oatmeal with brown sugar and milk and butter. How nice would a bourbon be with that?
That sounds incredible. Just pour right there on the butter but no milk. You want the effects somehow.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Savage wrote:I like oatmeal with brown sugar and milk and butter. How nice would a bourbon be with that?
Try honey, or golden syrup (I think this is called invert syrup I n some places, but it's the in between of molasses and simple syrup) it comes in squeezey bottles now and makes a lovely swirly bits in porridge
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

I don't drink on mornings usually. Except perhaps if I'm traveling. In Germany somebody told me Weissbier was "the breakfast beer", but when I actually ordered one for breakfast it seems I made total ass out of myself. None of my fellow countrymen seemed to mind, but the were asking us if this was some sort of Norwegian morning after ritual. What irony. I figured if I had already broke one taboo, I was free to order a bloody mary next.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Grumpy eats grits, which I have a hell of a time getting the real ones here, but he usually joins me in a Mimosa, so he negates the good ol' boy effect with some girly California effect.
like tears in rain

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

i keep baileys in the house.. solely for the purpose of making baileys milkshakes in the morning.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis