Life changing cocktails

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Life changing cocktails

Post by Badfellow »

Yesterday I had a Zombie, and it changed my life forever.

The Zombie in question contained four different types of Jamaican plantation rums, the last being a 130 proof white rum used essentially as a flourish of boozy expression.

In addition to the rum buffet, there was also a jigger of absinthe involved along with some falernum, a bit of Grand Marnier and a dash of Angostura bitters. A splash of house made sours and fresh squeezed grapefruit juice were added almost as if in afterthought.

This all gets layered over ice and served in a 16 oz. tiki mug with a skewer of orange peel beneath the canopy of a cocktail umbrella. Some might consider the cocktail umbrella in the vain of a cliche. I, however, consider it a potent symbol of drinking virility and festive spirit.

The menu clearly states "Limit Two Per Customer", a policy that is bound to be tested and bent to the outer limits of madness.

This Zombie was superb. It's akin to a magician's trick, being able to hide that much alcohol behind a forest of such layered and exotic flavors. Tasting perfection like this corrupts you forever, and for better or worse there is no going back to the mere mundane.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Life changing cocktails

Post by Badfellow »

Death In The Pacific..

It didn't quite have the battle stations appeal of The Zombie, though the orgeat belayed all fear to the hands present on deck while the captain went down with the ship.

This cocktail does a full-saddled salute to those who might be giant, those who are, and those who are giants forever.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Have you been to Kaiju in Louisville?

That'll change your life faster than a forward time shifting roll of the liquor dice. For rizzle.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

brandonman wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:01 pm
I've not. I was supposed to visit Louisville this year, but my friend vacated the premises of that city.

My band has a bomb shot we put on special at our home base bar, but that's another bit altogether.

one part each Vodka, Tequila, Gin, and Whiskey, made into a bomb with Ski, or another citrus soda.

Shockingly tastes pretty good.
Citrus rocks everything, I`d like to have one
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Badfellow wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:21 pm
Yesterday I had a Zombie, and it changed my life forever.

The Zombie in question contained four different types of Jamaican plantation rums, the last being a 130 proof white rum used essentially as a flourish of boozy expression.

In addition to the rum buffet, there was also a jigger of absinthe involved along with some falernum, a bit of Grand Marnier and a dash of Angostura bitters. A splash of house made sours and fresh squeezed grapefruit juice were added almost as if in afterthought.

This all gets layered over ice and served in a 16 oz. tiki mug with a skewer of orange peel beneath the canopy of a cocktail umbrella. Some might consider the cocktail umbrella in the vain of a cliche. I, however, consider it a potent symbol of drinking virility and festive spirit.

The menu clearly states "Limit Two Per Customer", a policy that is bound to be tested and bent to the outer limits of madness.

This Zombie was superb. It's akin to a magician's trick, being able to hide that much alcohol behind a forest of such layered and exotic flavors. Tasting perfection like this corrupts you forever, and for better or worse there is no going back to the mere mundane.
I'll have what he's having.
And a fan. It's freakin' hot in here.
like tears in rain