Booze n' Beer Random Laws, News, etc.

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, One for the Frog

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

My local has already decided to do away with "happy hours". From now on they will have "happy days".
Without Richie Cunningham, of course :P
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

"Irish President Mary McAleese has called her country's attitude toward
drinking "unhealthy" and "sinister." Per-capita alcohol consumption increased 49 percent in Ireland between 1989 and 2001, fueled by economic growth."

What the Hell!!! Must destroy hapiness... This is the reason I love the idea of recall elections
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

bella
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by bella »

That is just wrong!
me loves the voddie

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Happy hours! Many happy memories there. Two for one, three for one, free appetizers, ladies drink for free. I specialized in happy hours back in the day. Planned my life around them practically. Do they still have happy hours anymore? I haven't run across any when I visit civilized states. None down here.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Max Vol
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Max Vol »

Yes! Happy Hours were the best! I especially liked the two-for-one specials when they would serve both drinks to you at the same time!

Another casualty of MADD mothers...
"Whiskey and Beer are a man's worst enemies... but the man that runs away from his enemies is a coward!"

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Et tu, Erie?

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Oh, for the love of Christ, will this fascism ever end? When do we mount the counterattack? When do we start winning?

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

In Glasgow the happy hour rules, 2 for 1, and my prsonal favourite, half price cocktail jugs. If you ever visit Glasgow, go to a bar called Havana. The best cocktails in the city.
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

TARTANSPECIAL wrote:In Glasgow the happy hour rules, 2 for 1, and my prsonal favourite, half price cocktail jugs. If you ever visit Glasgow, go to a bar called Havana. The best cocktails in the city.
Thats's so bizarre! My favorite bar in Havana is called Glasgow!

Oh wait, I've never been to Havana. Nevermind.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

stepheybaby
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by stepheybaby »

How can this happen? It is probably a far cry from prohibition but as that also failed in the state I cannot see how this will reduce the amount of ' drunkard incidents' in Ireland. All that will probably happen if they restrict the number of drinks is that people will probably drink more when they are at home, before they go out.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

i cant believe they are hoping to reduce rowdy behaviour using these mesures. nazi wankers
mine's a pint

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: More Creeping Prohibition...

Post by Thee Totaller »

Max Vol wrote:alcohol consumption by the Irish was second only to that of Luxembourgers
But...Luxembourgers? Who'd a thunk? Why are there no Luxembourgers posting here?
AHLL BE BOCK

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

What, no Luxes?

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Because there's only about twenty of them, and they're all at the bar.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

yep,all pished
mine's a pint

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

A little known Wisconsin law

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I moved to Wisconsin about a year ago so I didn't even know this law was on the books. I bet MADD are getting their picket signs ready right now.

This story comes from the Wisconsin State Journal.

Lawmaker wants an end to drinking with parents
8/20/03
Tom Sheehan State government reporter

Is tipping a beer with your underage child a lesson in life experience or an irresponsible mistake in parenting?

A Shawano lawmaker wants to change a state law that allows children of any age to buy and drink alcoholic beverages in taverns, as long as the child is accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Children would have to be at least 18 years old under the bill to legally qualify for the exception to Wisconsin's legal drinking age, which is 21.

"It frankly seems ridiculous that a parent can take their young child to a bar in Wisconsin and serve them a beer," said Rep. John Ainsworth, who introduced Assembly Bill 335. The proposal was the subject of a public hearing Tuesday before the Assembly Committee on State Affairs.

The bill could mean the loss of "an important educational opportunity," however, said Paul Merline, a lobbyist for the Wisconsin Restaurant Association. "Experiencing the responsible consumption of alcohol with a parent in the type of social environment that an underage person could undoubtedly be exposed to during the course of their life would seem to be an opportunity that cannot be overlooked," Merline said in testimony before the committee.

Tavern and restaurant owners already have the ability to not serve anyone who doesn't appear to be 21 years old, whether accompanied by an adult or not, Merline said.

Current law prohibits people under 21 years of age from entering a bar or consuming alcohol unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or spouse who is of legal age. Someone younger than 18 may still be in a bar if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Ainsworth said he introduced the bill after hearing the story of an underage woman who allegedly got drinks at a bar through a man who lied to bartenders about her identity. The woman ended up pregnant, Ainsworth said, suggesting alcohol played a role in sexual behavior.

Alcohol also can contribute to risky or negative behavior and health problems in children, said Kari Kinnard, executive director of Mothers Against Drunk Driving's Wisconsin chapter.

"It should no longer be an acceptable practice for parents to take children in an establishment and provide them a drug that can harm them," Kinnard said.

The bill also would prevent parents from serving alcoholic beverages to children at home. But Ainsworth will drop that provision, which he said would be impossible to enforce. "We're not about to invade people's homes," Ainsworth said.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I guess I should've posted this under Drinking Stories. Oh well.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King