Finnish booze

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

<Finlandia is a Brown-Forman product and should be boycotted until they stop holding the Drunkard hostage with their evil.>

'Kay. I'm open to suggestions. I don't know much about vodka, I only know I like it.

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

Barca wrote:
PoisonedGingerMartini wrote:I may be Suomalainen, but that Salmiakki sounds like EW.
I'll stick with Finlandia vodka.
Finlandia is a Brown-Forman product and should be boycotted until they stop holding the Drunkard hostage with their evil.
really? for a second, i became deeply worried that i may have inadvertently been purchasing brown-forman products. not that i drink finlandia, anyone who's talked to me for more than 5 minutes knows well over 90% of the vodka i consume was poured from a plastic jug, but this is the second time i've been informed that a product i've either purchased, or would casually consider in the future fell under the traitorous b-f umbrella. i was drinking appleton for months after the boycott before i bothered to look at the label, then much to my chagrin, realized my beloved staple rum was their doing. giving up a good rum in a country where it is so goddang hard to find the good stuff made me hurt a little. anyway, for the rest of y'all, be wary, checking the label before dumping bottles into your cart takes all of 3 seconds. for a complete list of b-f products, go here:

http://b-f.com/

*edit: i apologize for the hijack, but it was important. another thing, when i read this thread title, i originally read it as, "finish booze," and thought, well duh.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Gwynn
Self-Imposed Exile
Self-Imposed Exile

Post by Gwynn »

I like Finlandia. :roll:
Can't keep a good Bunnie down!

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

you rabbit fucking imbecile, there is a boycott against all brown forman products, due to their cad-like, shameless, traitorous behavior. educate yourself, goddamnit. http://www.petitiononline.com/JD002/

for further amusement, someone posted this photo on this board, and i loved it so much, i saved it. now seems like an appropriate time to display it again.

"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Gwynn
Self-Imposed Exile
Self-Imposed Exile

Post by Gwynn »

I do know about your little boycot, and to be honest i dont give a crap about it, i live in Norway, the land of the morale police, i'm just happy booze is still legal.

Barca

Post by Barca »

Gwynn wrote:I do know about your little boycot, and to be honest i dont give a crap about it, i live in Norway, the land of the morale police, i'm just happy booze is still legal.
Foolishly, I thought people didn't like you because your puerile emo furry poetry was pathetic and sad and because you're a mewling immature fool, but it turns out they were far more astute than I. You're simply a self-absorbed simpleton who has no regard for the mores, beliefs and standards of the community and the magazine. Your total disregard for the most fundamental plank of MDM's political platform proves to me unequivocally that you are and should always remain an outsider and pariah amongst the true Drunkards of MDM and this board. In fact, since this is the group into which you obsequiously seek acceptance I can only assume that people outside of it must hate you even more than I do.

If we're going to talk about the things about which we don't give a crap, I can just post links to every single fucking one of your posts.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

Gwynn
Self-Imposed Exile
Self-Imposed Exile

Post by Gwynn »

Then so be it, i guess we live in different worlds then.
You hate me just beacouse i dont care abot your lower Alcohol proof?
I KNOW you have been sick of me being depresed, and I AM SORRY!
but YOU have been crying about that same thing for SO long now, get over it! the world sucks, the morale police allways wins. Ok so the proof goes down (an un-subjeckt for me as the proof allways has been low around here) well DRINK MORE!
Ok, hate me all you want, i wont say it does not hurt, but i can deal with it.

Gwynn
Self-Imposed Exile
Self-Imposed Exile

Post by Gwynn »

OH, and one more thing, people outside the board hate me? DONT YOU EVER TALK ABOUT THAT! you dont know me, or the people around me. :evil:

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

Gwynn wrote:Ok, hate me all you want, i wont say it does not hurt, but i can deal with it.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Alekam
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Alekam »

Nicely side-tracked thread this is.

But back towards the finnish booze, the salmiakki stuff comes warmly recommended, however I myself can't handle the stuff anymore. Something about throwing up vast amounts of black sweet-hot stuff makes me shudder at the thought of consuming salmari.

I always thought Altia made all the Finlandia, at least the stuff that's sold here comes from here.. I suppose Brown-Forman markets it. Thank god they have naught to do with the domestic booze sold here. Not that I'd be caught drinking Finlandia anyway. Unless I'm on an uncontrollable downward spiralling binge. Personally I don't think the cost effectiveness/ taste of finnish vodka is all that great (except for koskenkorva, which just tastes good and has all that tradition in it), for functional stuff I'd travel across the bay to Estonia and buy their products.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Alekam wrote:Nicely side-tracked thread this is.

But back towards the finnish booze, the salmiakki stuff comes warmly recommended, however I myself can't handle the stuff anymore. Something about throwing up vast amounts of black sweet-hot stuff makes me shudder at the thought of consuming salmari.

I always thought Altia made all the Finlandia, at least the stuff that's sold here comes from here.. I suppose Brown-Forman markets it. Thank god they have naught to do with the domestic booze sold here. Not that I'd be caught drinking Finlandia anyway. Unless I'm on an uncontrollable downward spiralling binge. Personally I don't think the cost effectiveness/ taste of finnish vodka is all that great (except for koskenkorva, which just tastes good and has all that tradition in it), for functional stuff I'd travel across the bay to Estonia and buy their products.
Welcome aboard. New guys first round. I'll one of whatever you're having, but make it a double.

Nil
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Nil »

Ok, updates. I received today some nifty miniatures of the following -

Kosenkorva Salmiakki Original (32% ABV) - Very sweet, with a nice anisey taste, and a hint of something I can't place. If you ever ate those penny Blackjack sweets, it's got a similar flavour. I'm enjoying it, but I don't think I could drink more than this.

Minttu (40% ABV, tagline "An Ice Hot Adventure") - A peppermint liqueur. Tastes kinda like mouthwash, with strong tones of butterscotch. Again, very sweet and I don't think I could drink much.

Kosenkorva Viina-Bränvinn (38% ABV) - According to Wikipedia, Viina and Bränvinn are general terms for alcohols distilled from potatoes or grain. This could refer to beverages such as akvavit or vodka, which is how it tastes. I'm not a big fan of straight vodka, but this is alright.

Finlandia Vodka (40% ABV) - Not sure what to do with this one. As has been discussed in this thread, it is apparently a Brown-Forman product. However, the label states that it was "Distilled and bottled by Altia Corp, Helsinki, Finland". Do Brown-Forman simply handle overseas marketing?
Warren Ellis wrote:Only perverts put ice in single malt Scotch.

maltlicker11
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by maltlicker11 »

Sigh of relief that Finlandia seems to actually be made in Finland.

Last night on chat a person named Tunoela (sp?) from Finland was there and I *think* I asked what reputation Finlandia had in Finland.

I forget what happened after that.

I also think I was too forward with Lolly.

<hangs head in shame>

bye
It's Immaterial - Life's hard and then you die
Licker is quicker

maltlicker11

Post by maltlicker11 »

MeanOldLady wrote:http://b-f.com/
teehee BF => buttfuck
sorry sorry
bye

Licker is quicker

maltlicker11

Post by maltlicker11 »

Nil wrote:
Shonus Andronicus wrote:So...is she hot? :)
She is pretty hot, but she is definitely unavailable...Plus, her drink of choice at the moment is Malibu and Irn-Bru, and that's just not right.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irn-Bru
http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/ ("requires Flash 8 so screw that)

I had to look up Irn-Bru. I'm not so big on the Malibu but I'll give the Irn-Bru a try next time I am in the UK.

It was interesting to read about those Finnish liquers. You figure the people in cold places take their high octane hooch seriously.

bye
Licker is quicker