Bacardi 151

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

liquor&poker
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Bacardi 151

Post by liquor&poker »

I've never tried this stuff before, but I'm forced to flask it to an event tonight so I decided to get something with some extra proof and got a fifth.

I got the dark kind. I paid 19.99 for it. The bottle looks nice and I like the cool warning labels and stuff. What's with that metal grille they put over the mouth? They call it a "flame arrester"? I guess it's supposed to keep most of the fumes inside so you can't accidentally ignite it.

I was curious so when I got home I took a swig out of the bottle. Kinda hard to do because of the flame thing, so I might take it off of there. This stuff is hot! A real good burn from the mouth all the way down. I like that a lot. The taste is pretty awful though. I've never really liked the taste of rum. I don't know how to explain what I don't like about it.

I think I'm going to get a Coke at the thing we're going to and mix this in with it. I think that'll be tasty. That's pretty much my assesment. It's hot, it's got proofs, I don't much like the taste.

Bender!
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Bender! »

Rum is a bizzare mistress. She's hot and burns with her harsh disposition.

Yet she is also like a delicate flower that blooms when mixed with soda. Something happens, some alchemy causes her to fuck your brains out whilst you can't get enough. God, you need her. You have to have her and can't stop pouring her sweet elixir down your gullet. It was just that small splash of soda that made all the difference.

Kinda like a G-string.

maltlicker11
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by maltlicker11 »

I use Everclear for my flask fuel.
I can only get the 151 proof.
It is more stealthy taste/smell wise than Bacardi.

One day I will get the full powered Weigel Sauce - 190 proof!
Over on wikipedia they had a funny list of alternative uses for EC:
"hand cleanser, disinfectant, panic suppressant, painkiller,"
LOL, panic suppresant!
bye
It's Immaterial - Life's hard and then you die
Licker is quicker

liquor&poker

Post by liquor&poker »

Well, I'm going to get properly hammered on this tonight. Going to attempt to do it straight up, but I reserve the right to mix with soda if I feel like it.

Qbert
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Qbert »

liquor&poker wrote:Well, I'm going to get properly hammered on this tonight. Going to attempt to do it straight up, but I reserve the right to mix with soda if I feel like it.
Good luck.

Also, on that Everclear comment.. that 190 proof is no joke. A friend of mine used to own a weird little bungalow in Iowa City down by the river. It was so BFE the address was "40." Anyway, he used to throw some absolute ragers there, 300-400 people, they were the hot parties in the summer. Hella DJs and huge 44 gallon garbage cans full of jungle juice. By the end of the summer, he'd progressed to using 8 or 9 gallons of Everclear in each can and at the last party, coincidentally, some 19 year old girl totally wigged out and died in the backyard due to alcohol poisoning.
Brothers call me dog, they've got the letters backwards.

liquor&poker

Post by liquor&poker »

Qbert wrote:
liquor&poker wrote:Well, I'm going to get properly hammered on this tonight. Going to attempt to do it straight up, but I reserve the right to mix with soda if I feel like it.
Good luck.

Also, on that Everclear comment.. that 190 proof is no joke. A friend of mine used to own a weird little bungalow in Iowa City down by the river. It was so BFE the address was "40." Anyway, he used to throw some absolute ragers there, 300-400 people, they were the hot parties in the summer. Hella DJs and huge 44 gallon garbage cans full of jungle juice. By the end of the summer, he'd progressed to using 8 or 9 gallons of Everclear in each can and at the last party, coincidentally, some 19 year old girl totally wigged out and died in the backyard due to alcohol poisoning.
Party Essentials:

DJs - check
Garbage cans with drink inside - check
190 EC - check
Underage dead girl - check and mate

Manos

Post by Manos »

liquor&poker wrote:
Qbert wrote:
Good luck.

Party Essentials:

DJs - check
190 EC - check
Can be easily substituted with hooker or nun.
[i:d657c50c8b]I'm not fucking Snow White!"[/i:d657c50c8b]
[b:d657c50c8b]Girlie[/b:d657c50c8b]

[i:d657c50c8b]Mu uncle's Canadian. He looks like he fell out of a tree.[/i:d657c50c8b]
[b:d657c50c8b]LollyGSG[/b:d657c50c8b]

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Bacardi 151. I keep a fifth of this in the handle of my Rambo knife. I'll drink things that'll make a billy-goat puke.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

liquor&poker

Post by liquor&poker »

After 5 shots of it, I've decided it doesn't taste all that bad. I could get used to it I guess. Plus it's really warm. Mmm.

GradeALiquorWhore
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by GradeALiquorWhore »

For drinking 151 give Lemon Hart a try. It has a vastly better flavor than the Bacardi type.
Everyone should believe in something.... I believe I'll have another drink.

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

Bacardi 151 burns my throat.

My local sells Wray & Nephew Rum White Overproof 126 Proof, which is supposedly the best selling strong Rum in Jamaica. I tink I be tryin' it out, mon.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts

scsigrrl
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by scsigrrl »

Badfellow wrote:Bacardi 151. I keep a fifth of this in the handle of my Rambo knife. I'll drink things that'll make a billy-goat puke.
try some old-school yugoslavia home brew. i'd prefer the billy-goat puke instead.
my super power is turning money into booze

The Lush
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Lush »

liquor&poker wrote:
Qbert wrote:
Good luck.

Party Essentials:

DJs - check
190 EC - check
Check she's dead before mating?

Is 19 underage?
"If moderation is the key to the door then indulgence is the fucking chainsaw" One of the greatest men to ever live.

drinky
Tippler
Tippler

19 yr old

Post by drinky »

Odd...a 19 yr old dead chick should be cause for alarm and remorse, but somehow, in context, it is whimsical. though tragic. EC (the real 190 proof) is tough though beautiful. taking straight shots, ive found, can damage the back of the mouth/throat. my throat was almost swollen shut the next day. must say it was worth it though

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

My ex drank 151. I may drink the Sailor, but never 151.