Your Booze Review: Prichards' Crystal Rum

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Your Booze Review: Prichards' Crystal Rum

Post by Badfellow »

Prichards' Crystal Rum
80 proof/ 40% alcohol by volume
750 ml approx. $27.99 USD
Mfg. by Prichards' Distillery of Kelso, Tennessee, USA

A short time ago I learned of a small distillery in Kelso, Tennessee not far from the salted earth of the TJD site in Lynchburg. Operating in the corporate shadow of mass produced whiskey was a family operation producing several spirits that are, in every sense, steeped in tradition. Amongst them Prichards' Crystal Rum.

Most people are rightly turned off by clear rums, owing largely to that coarse whore of modern Bacardi. What a euphoric epiphany it was to crack open the cork and have my preconceptions raised, to discover that a clear rum could be all at once crisp yet sweet, indomitably smooth through five distillations and still carry a warm note of butterscotch despite its clean composure.

This light, rich style of rum lends itself extremely well to a pure daquari, as is pictured below. I'm telling you, it makes the best freaking fucking daquari I've ever tasted. I bet my liquor cabinet on it.

Related Material/ Strong Daquari Recipe/ Badfellow/ Thinkin Of Hemmingway/ Drining One Right Now-

5 oz. Prichards' Crystal Rum
2 tsp. Powdered Sugar
Juice of 1/2 Ripe Lime

Add rum, powdered sugar and lime to cocktail shaker. Add (3) ice cubes to shaker, shake with extreme vigor for 8-10 seconds. Add (3) ice cubes to drinking glass. Pour to serve.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

GradeALiquorWhore
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by GradeALiquorWhore »

Powdered sugar? Really? That's so Mr Bostons.
Everyone should believe in something.... I believe I'll have another drink.

Bill
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Bill »

TGE RE3AK DRYUBJM 2IYWIYKD GQgacw seybj ur araufgr,'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

GradeALiquorWhore wrote:Powdered sugar? Really? That's so Mr Bostons.
Really. There are several reasons why I went with powdered sugar for this recipe:

1) I was out of brown sugar and Muscavado.

2) After a vigorous shaking, powdered sugar will not settle back out of the drink.

3) While less refined sugars are more flavorful and nutritious, I didn't want anything extra fucking up the dance between lime juice and this truly, truly remarkable white rum.

maltlicker11
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by maltlicker11 »

Twenty eight bucks! !#@%$!#@%#@ Better !$#@! be as awesome as you say!

:D

bye
It's Immaterial - Life's hard and then you die
Licker is quicker

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

maltlicker11 wrote:Twenty eight bucks! !#@%$!#@%#@ Better !$#@! be as awesome as you say!

:D

bye
Don't doubt it. If Badfellow ran for office, I would vote for him even if his platform was "Never let DrDrinkBastard have alcohol again and curse him to live 1000 years". Because, by God, this man is true to his word.

maltlicker11

Post by maltlicker11 »

I could see either

BadFellow 2008
or
BadFellow for President

on my car...both have a ring to them.

bye
Licker is quicker

Gwynn
Self-Imposed Exile
Self-Imposed Exile

Post by Gwynn »

That crystal Rum looks yummy! why did i stop drinking Rum? maybe i should see what my local store has to offer in the Rum department.......
Can't keep a good Bunnie down!

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

another rum i must try. the only white rum i've enjoyed was 10 cane, though admittedly, i pulled the curtain on white rum fairly early after drinking a lot of terrible super market piss. something else for my bevmo shopping cart. my throne as rum connoisseur has been usurped.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

maltlicker11 wrote:I could see either

BadFellow 2008
or
BadFellow for President

on my car...both have a ring to them.

bye
Thanks Malty. I think it might anger Barca though, the possibility of siphoning votes away from the Obama campaign. Maybe I could just run for sheriff of Drunkard County.

MeanOldLady wrote:another rum i must try. the only white rum i've enjoyed was 10 cane, though admittedly, i pulled the curtain on white rum fairly early after drinking a lot of terrible super market piss. something else for my bevmo shopping cart. my throne as rum connoisseur has been usurped.
You, ma'am, will always be the Queen of Rum. I am but a humble servent of the booze. And I guarentee this will blow 10 Cane out of the water. Make CERTAIN you craft up a daquiri with this candy.

maltlicker11

Post by maltlicker11 »

So I crashed this big Gaming Expo here in Vegas last week.
Main hall full of latest gambling machines and crap.
A side hall, new this year I am told, had food and beverage samples.
So I'm chowing down and then hitting the free booze samples.
Yeah teeny cups but free and all kinds of variety.

I tried 10Cane and Oronoco rums - shrug. I like the name Oronoco (Brasil right?) but I would doubt that either of these would pass my "flavor-cost- value" criteria.

I'm pretty sure I am a dark rum guy.
Licker is quicker