Wild Irish Rose

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

liquor&poker
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Wild Irish Rose

Post by liquor&poker »

Ya know...I've hear a lot of hype about "bumwine" and so I decided to try it. I wanted Cisco but the store I went to only had MD20/20 and Wild Irish Rose so I got the WIR. I was pumped. I expected it to taste like shit and be a horrible experience.

This stuff tastes fuckin nice. It tastes like red wine with a little extra kick. I like it. It's not harsh or unpleasant. And it cost like 4 bucks for 750mls. At 36 proof, that's damn good for a wine. This stuff could very well usurp regular wine as my chillout beverage.

I'm a few swallows away from finishing the bottle and there is no bad taste in my mouth, I don't feel sick, and I'm not very drunk.

Bottom line, as a fuck-you-upper, it's not very good. But it's a fuckin fine beverage.

Post by ***** »

Wait for the hang over, and then rate that. I give MD 20/20 White Lighting 5 thumb-gouges to the eye out of 5.

Whitekiboko
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Whitekiboko »

sadly i can comment here....

years ago i hit a patch where i was short of money and occasionally drank wir.... didnt have a fridge (or ac for that matter) so i had to drink it warm.... i quickly adopted a cup with a lid....

at 18%, with 2 of the big bottles [1L? 1.5?] for maybe 6$ and change, it was a cheap was to catch a buzz....

mornings can be a little rough if more than one bottle is involved.....
"I am not a ferry boat, I am a very manly sloop. Wherever I go, people stare at me in dumb admiration."
"Yeah? What happens when they speak?"
"Nevermind that..."

liquor&poker

Post by liquor&poker »

DrDrinkBastard wrote:Wait for the hang over, and then rate that. I give MD 20/20 White Lighting 5 thumb-gouges to the eye out of 5.
After drinking the 750 of WIR, I switched to Whiskey. I did get drunker faster, since the Wine gave me a jumpstart and I ended up more drunk than I had intended since the new pace was unfamiliar to me.

However, I feel fine this morning. There's a slight blurriness in my brain but I imagine that'll go away after breakfast.

MMMm...coffee.

Oh, and DDB, what's the 20/20 White Lightning? I remember 3 flavors at the liquor store...there was a red one, a blue one, and a purple one.

liquor&poker

Post by liquor&poker »

Whitekiboko wrote:mornings can be a little rough if more than one bottle is involved.....
That's what I was thinking.

Welcome to the board, my friend. Post drunk. Post Often. Post drunk often.

Mallory Knox
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Mallory Knox »

Whitekiboko wrote:...mornings can be a little rough if more than one bottle is involved.....
Hold on there, turbo...
When is there ever less than one bottle of anything involved?
I don't understand this concept.
Please explain :shock:
ivan wrote:Bring it! You foe me, and I'll make brilliant posts that you won't see!

Post by ***** »

liquor&poker wrote: Oh, and DDB, what's the 20/20 White Lightning? I remember 3 flavors at the liquor store...there was a red one, a blue one, and a purple one.
It tastes like death jizzed in your eyesockets

liquor&poker

Post by liquor&poker »

DrDrinkBastard wrote:
liquor&poker wrote: Oh, and DDB, what's the 20/20 White Lightning? I remember 3 flavors at the liquor store...there was a red one, a blue one, and a purple one.
It tastes like death jizzed in your eyesockets
You're getting me all hott now.

Leftboston
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

We used to drink WIR when we were tennagers. It was 2 bucks and a few joints added to that was a good night. Good times.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

sounds like the WIR is a bit like Buckfast wine, which i love dearly.

its only(!) 15% thought it gives you a really happy drunkeness because i think there is quite a caffeine content in it...i may be wrong, feel free to correct me, anyone out there(i'm looking at you Scottish people :wink: )
mine's a pint

Hangover Heartattack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

WIR

Post by Hangover Heartattack »

I tried this shit once and it was truly revolting. my stomach wanted to kick my ass for putting such a thing in it. MD 20/20 is definetly a far superior bum wine. although i have yet to have thunderbird or night trian.

Dylboz

Post by Dylboz »

I have fond memories of WIR. I sing a little jingle, it goes, "Wild Irish Rose...'cause Thunderbird makes me start to bleed from my nose...could you give me some money, befo' the sto' close?"
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

Whitekiboko
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: WIR

Post by Whitekiboko »

Stumbles von Helvete wrote:I tried this shit once and it was truly revolting. my stomach wanted to kick my ass for putting such a thing in it. MD 20/20 is definetly a far superior bum wine. although i have yet to have thunderbird or night trian.
the MD i drank last night turned out to only be 13%.... i felt gyped....
"I am not a ferry boat, I am a very manly sloop. Wherever I go, people stare at me in dumb admiration."
"Yeah? What happens when they speak?"
"Nevermind that..."