Canadian Club Sherry Cask

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Canadian Club Sherry Cask

Post by MethFront »

Distiller: Hiram Walker & Sons, Canadia

Meth says: I picked up this little 82.6° Canadian whiskey on a whim. For the life of me, I can't tell whether or not I like it. That should probably be a bad sign. And I mean a bad sign, like seeing a bottle of AZT in your girlfriend's medicine cabinet kind of bad.

I don't know if I would even call this a whiskey. Damn you Canadans and your lax labelling laws!!

It's really sweet, and not a bourbon sweet either. It has a texture similar to melted butter and it goes down magically smooth. In and of themselves, those are good things. According to the label it's aged for 8 years in old sherry casks. I know some scotches have used this technique, although I believe they char the casks first.

Man, is this stuff overly sweet. In fact, flavour-wise it almost reminds me of a Yukon Jack or Wild Spirit. I bet you could make a really good cake out of it.

Rating: 5 Sugar Plum Fairies.
Be safe everyone.

Leftboston
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

I love the Scotch in Sherry and Port casks. Like you said, this sounds too sweet for me but a nice review.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

There is a Swedish aquavit that is aged in Sherry casks. It is deliscious, but I only found it once.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

headlessparrot
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by headlessparrot »

The CC Sherry Cask was recently discontinued; I'm surprised you have some. I was told the only place left to get it was the Gift Shop at the CC Distillery in Windsor, ON (though, at the time I went for the tour, they had *hilariously* lost their liquor license). Would really like to try it myself, though.