Vodka, Pasta, Chianti

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Vodka, Pasta, Chianti

Post by MethFront »

I had decided to dedicate some time toward making pasta sauce* and I picked up a decent chianti to go with it (Da Vinci '04). I realized that a single bottle of wine by itself was simply not going to cut it. So... I headed over to the other end of the liquor store.

I realized that my rye-fueled weekend had left me with a desire for... vodka? There were practical implications, I needed something for bloodies mary and heck, since I had a bottle of wine, I might as well see what these 'brutal hammers' are all about.

I see a bottle of something called Bak's Bison Grass Vodka: Zubrówka. It's been artificially coloured so that it appears to have a slightly greenish hue and the FDA has warned us all that it contains both natural and artificial flavours. It's a potato vodka, which is a good sign. There is a blade of bison grass in the bottle and a little pamphlet attached to the neck. Somerset Maugham is quoted in said pamphlet as follows:
"...it smells of freshly mown hay and spring flowers, of thyme and lavender, and it's so soft on the palate and so comfortable, it's like listening to music by moonlight."

Well anyone who has read 'The Razor's Edge' or 'The Moon and Six Pence' knows what a way he had with words. However, he was describing the original zubrówka vodka upon which this beverage claims to be based. Well, this is ersatz bison grass vodka, and I sometimes fancy myself an ersatz Maugham so this should be a perfect combination.

I buy it and bring the bottle home. Then i get working on my sauce and put a little wine in me. Then I sat down to write this review with a tall glass of the stuff by my side. By this point in the review I have had to refill that glass. Also, I should probably stir my sauce soon.

Straight: Tasty! They've definitely gone all out to make this taste like something other than your run-of-the-still vodka. There are indeed notes of herbs as well as an impressive smoothness that coats the tongue before gliding down the throat. I'm not entirely certain that I'll mix this into a bloody mary. Well, I take that back... I'll mix it into a bloody mary, but I can't guarantee that it will taste any kind of good.

Brutal Hammer: There's a degree of trepidation as I pour the vodka into the chianti and watch the long blade of bison grass slip out onto my keyboard. Then I curse and make an angry face. There's no one here to see it, but I make an angry face because it's healthier than making angry smash. I take the first sip... Holy shit! It works. I'm kind of surprised, but it actually works!

Normally I post a picture of the bottle. I didn't do that this time. Feel free to whine and moan and bitch and complain &c. All of my lights are arranged around Hank's booth and I don't feel like moving them. Also, my counter is a disaster from the aforementioned pasta preparation.

*Considering the part of NJ that I am from, I should refer to 'sauce' as 'gravy', however mother beat that tendency out of us at a tender age. To this day she shoots her own mother hateful looks when she refers to a tomato-based sauce used over pasta as 'gravy'
Be safe everyone.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

A new species in the genus Hammer has been discovered. You've managed to combine two respectable labels into an unholy abomination of intoxication, and to that I tip my hat.

Good show. Creme de Meth strikes again.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

devo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by devo »

oh, george...not the livestock
"that's really a fine thing, when a man of god begins hanging around a place like this with a bunch of dirty drunks and gamblers. if he wasn't a chaplain," general dreedle muttered, "i'd have him taken outside and shot."

lanternchikk
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by lanternchikk »

Title of thread=pure pr0n.
Die Götter sind besoffen, der Olymp ist vollgekotzt.