Vat 69

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Vat 69

Post by hoverdog »

Seeking affordable whiskeys, picked up this, just cracked open the bottle. Band of Brothers might've had an effect. Seems quite drinkable. Taste not strong, though that's sort of the point of a blended whiskey I guess.

Any thoughts?
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

FearNoBeer
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Vat 69

Post by FearNoBeer »

[quote="Epor"]Seeking affordable whiskeys, picked up this, just cracked open the bottle. Band of Brothers might've had an effect. Seems quite drinkable. Taste not strong, though that's sort of the point of a blended whiskey I guess.

Any thoughts?[/quote]

sorry, something called "Mansion House" here, it´s blended, goddamnint...so what? At this in point in time it rules. But drink on! Long live[b] Finland![b]
[/b][/b] Well fuck...
Evil remains Evil...

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Never even seen it. I've wanted to try it since I had my little "Band of Brothers" marathon awhile back.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by hoverdog »

Have had more, very smooth.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

Rob
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rob »

It's one of the cheapest you can find around here. It's alright, I don't buy it myself but I'll drink it gladly at a friend's place. It's the kind of scotch people who don't drink scotch buy, at least around here.

David
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by David »

My dad used to mix it with coke. Now he uses even cheaper stuff, except for sometimes, when my mom accidentally gets Teachers.

I drank Vat 69 only once, about a year and a half ago, when a lesbian friend of mine took me and some other people to a gay bar (yeah, don't ask, I left early) during happy hour. They poured 'em nice and strong. Two at a time. Never mind the poledancing middle-aged woman.

lanternchikk
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by lanternchikk »

I've bought and drank that stuff sometimes. Not exactly because it's the "kind of scotch for people who don't drink scotch"* but mainly because it's cheap. Decent cheap booze, simple as that.

*Actually, i don't drink scotch that often and i'm far from being a connoisseur. I like Johnnie Walker though.
Die Götter sind besoffen, der Olymp ist vollgekotzt.

Whitekiboko
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Whitekiboko »

I always thought it was one of those brands that had fallen by the wayside (a la Look magazine)....

yes, my Band of Brothers dvds were the 1st i'd heard of it.... saw it in total wine last week.... might have to pick up a handle or 2 tomorrow and report back...
"I am not a ferry boat, I am a very manly sloop. Wherever I go, people stare at me in dumb admiration."
"Yeah? What happens when they speak?"
"Nevermind that..."

Trebek
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Trebek »

The conversation went like this
"Jay, have you tried that Vat 69 from band of brothers"
"Actually yeah, it was pretty good"
"Fuck it the internet has it, I'll buy 4 bottles"

too bad I don't like Scotch

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Suck it, Trebek. -Connery
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Rob
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rob »

Just picked up a liter of it. Tastes pretty good actually. The taste isn't very strong or special but it goes down nicely. Besides, it's cheap.