Cabo Wabo tequila?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Cabo Wabo tequila?

Post by MEAT! »

Anyone here ever tried the stuff. It looks like something I might want to get my hand on. On the other hand, it is backed financially by Sammy Haggar and his Cabo Wabo enterprises. The website reviews and all looks good but I want some opinions from some god-to-honest drunks as to whther I should bother. I want to beleive it's good but I'm wary about buying a liquor that seems to be a marketing ploy. Anyone try it?

Image[/img]
“Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” -W.C.Fields

FearNoBeer
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Cabo Wabo tequila?

Post by FearNoBeer »

[quote="TheTagsaidTimmy!"]Anyone here ever tried the stuff. It looks like something I might want to get my hand on. On the other hand, it is backed financially by Sammy Haggar and his Cabo Wabo enterprises. The website reviews and all looks good but I want some opinions from some god-to-honest drunks as to whther I should bother. I want to beleive it's good but I'm wary about buying a liquor that seems to be a marketing ploy. Anyone try it?

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g140/ ... 15d6cc.png[/img][/img][/quote]

What´s so wrong with good ol´Sammy? go for it. Sammy can bring the rock ("i can´t drive 55", there´s only 1 way 2 rock) and don´t forget MONTROSE! I´m drunk but friendly...
Evil remains Evil...

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I'm not a fan of Tequila that doesn't taste like Tequila. Durango, Jose I just don't get the "it's sooo smooth, it doesn't even taste like tequila as a selling point." If you don't like tequila why would you dump $60 on it when you could have just gotten Vodka. It boggles my mind.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

Oggar wrote:I'm not a fan of Tequila that doesn't taste like Tequila. Durango, Jose I just don't get the "it's sooo smooth, it doesn't even taste like tequila as a selling point." If you don't like tequila why would you dump $60 on it when you could have just gotten Vodka. It boggles my mind.
Because you like to have a worse hangover? I'm out of other explanations.

mjm
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by mjm »

Oggar wrote:I'm not a fan of Tequila that doesn't taste like Tequila. Durango, Jose I just don't get the "it's sooo smooth, it doesn't even taste like tequila as a selling point." If you don't like tequila why would you dump $60 on it when you could have just gotten Vodka. It boggles my mind.
Apparently there are people in this world who like the finer things in life. I don't actually know any one who drinks $60 a bottle Tequila, but I have partaken of Armagnac, and that can run a lot more than $60 a bottle.
"It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason." -- Latin Proverb

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I've had the Reposado and enjoyed it greatly. In fact, I'd say it's my favorite tequila.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

DrDrinkBastard wrote: Because you like to have a worse hangover? I'm out of other explanations.
I don't get hangovers.

But I like it when the booze I drink bears some resemblence to it's reputation. If it's too smooth it doesn't. I prefer the midline to the extremes. I prefer character over agreability, if that makes me a barbarian so be it. Truth be told I'll take Mezcal over Tequila any day. You can have the princess I'll take her dirty sister.

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Cabo Wabo tequila?

Post by MEAT! »

FearNoBeer wrote:
TheTagsaidTimmy! wrote:Anyone here ever tried the stuff. It looks like something I might want to get my hand on. On the other hand, it is backed financially by Sammy Haggar and his Cabo Wabo enterprises. The website reviews and all looks good but I want some opinions from some god-to-honest drunks as to whther I should bother. I want to beleive it's good but I'm wary about buying a liquor that seems to be a marketing ploy. Anyone try it?

Image[/img]

What´s so wrong with good ol´Sammy? go for it. Sammy can bring the rock ("i can´t drive 55", there´s only 1 way 2 rock) and don´t forget MONTROSE! I´m drunk but friendly...
Nothing is wrong with ol Sammy. I really found out about the stuff because I'm heading to Cabo soon and am really looking fcorward to going to the Cabo Wabo cantina and throwing a few back. I enjoy his music, I just wanted to know whether he was as good at running a tequila distillery as he was at drinking the stuff. Tequila is a liquor I take seriously so I was just wondering if it was worth the money.
“Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” -W.C.Fields

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

I refuse to drink anything endorsed by Sammy Hagar, not on the merchandising priniciples, but for the fact that you simply cannot replace Diamond David Lee Roth!
Thus it is said, and so it is.
Damn it.
Mayhem is everywhere.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Ahhhh DLR. Best front man ever. EVER! I was so hopeful when he started another band...oh well. I liked what I heard, just wish there were more.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Diabetic Daredevil
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Diabetic Daredevil »

Bluto wrote:I've had the Reposado and enjoyed it greatly. In fact, I'd say it's my favorite tequila.
Same here. The reposada was very tasty. It tastes like tequila, just not shitty tequila "Two Finger" style.
It's okay. He's just admiring the shape of your skull. - Dr. Gonzo

Ow, my left nut! - Doug McKenzie

BILL BRASKY!!!!!!!

danger awesome
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by danger awesome »

I had it a few times when staying up in Tahoe last summer with one of my stepdad's friends and it was quite nice - he has expensive tastes and a stupid amount of money to fund 'em though.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

To further my analogies, it's like when I say "I want a dog" I don't mean I want a toy miniature poodle, I'm thinking more along the lines of a sheppard or a rottie.

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MEAT! »

Oggar wrote:To further my analogies, it's like when I say "I want a dog" I don't mean I want a toy miniature poodle, I'm thinking more along the lines of a sheppard or a rottie.
So not like this, eh?

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MEAT! »

Oggar wrote:To further my analogies, it's like when I say "I want a dog" I don't mean I want a toy miniature poodle, I'm thinking more along the lines of a sheppard or a rottie.
sometimes the dog I want ends up like this by the end of the night.