Zubrowska

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Zubrowska

Post by GSG »

Zubrowska is a vodka I tried yesterday in some fancy bar and I was actually very pleasantly surprised. I don't usually drink vodka neat anyway as I find it quite bland and I certainly don't drink it at room temperature but this stuff is different. It's flavoured with buffalo grass for a start and it seems to make it lovely. It's difficult to describe what exactly it does to the taste but for me it transformed what is usually a boring drink only good for shooters into something worth savouring. It's a subtle, tasty drink and I'd recommend that everyone give it a go.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Actually I've be preaching about Zubrowka for a few years now. I found out about it from my friend David who'd come across it while backpacking Poland five or six years ago. Now I bring four or five bottles along and pass them out when on my roadtrips.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

lanternchikk
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by lanternchikk »

Zubrowka Bison Vodka is quite nice indeed. But it must be cold, or else I'll puke like a bison.
Die Götter sind besoffen, der Olymp ist vollgekotzt.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Rowdy loves it. Luxemchikk is allergic to it. This vodka is a point of frequent discussion in the drunken realm.

Myself, I adore and respect the shit dearly, and have never been able to describe the flavor of bison grass beyond "cinnamon wheatgrass on acid".

Mixing Zubrowka with things such as cannabis, Dean Martin jokes, coffee, absinthe, nicotine and/or more Zubrowka is a roll of the psychotropic dice. As an advocate of head change, I can only approve. Weary guts beware.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

lanternchikk
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by lanternchikk »

Allergic...maybe. I've had it a few times, and more than a FEW shots into it, and/or when it wasn't extremely cold (the Zubrowka), it would always make me hurl. Which I think is a bit strange, as I can drink rather large quantities of other strong drinks (Jameson, Beam, Stoli, Gorbadschow Platinum...) without puking. And I'm also generally not very prone to puking.
Die Götter sind besoffen, der Olymp ist vollgekotzt.

Mrs Glenfiddich
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Mrs Glenfiddich »

We had a pretty decent session on it a couple of months ago, and while it was tasty, I was glad to get back to beer after we had polished the bottle off. It did make me a bit queasy, but the beer fixed that problem!

I am not willing to have to big a session on the stuff, as I have a Demeter "Grass" perfume, which smells exactly like it, and if I got crook on it, I wouldn't be able to wear the perfume again...but on the plus side, I have a perfume that smells like booze!
"Alcohol is a lifestyle. Alcohol is my lifestyle..." - Homer J. Simpson

"I drank myself a second arsehole." - Judith Lucy

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MEAT! »

It did me well tonight. It is traditionally served with apple juice as a chaser but is quite fine just as is. Unlike many vodkas, it has a very distinct flavor and is very stimulating to the palate. Rowdy has introduce me to it and we've had a couple of rounds of the stuff. Thanks Rpwady for finding a very interestign voka, even if I dropped the damned bottle cap into the jug of Motts apple juice. LOL! In fact, I'm holding a bottle of Zubrowka in my sig pic here......
“Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” -W.C.Fields

mediakill
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by mediakill »

apple juice + zubrowka is a tatanka

40z i'm stocking up when i come back to the states; the recipe is different then the one overseas
better here, removed a additive thats banned by the fda( same fda that prohibits absinthe due to thujone) Fernet Branca is different here too; has very minute trace opiate amounts. Also overall taste is different, better the version here(in poland)

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Aww yeah! I'm glad lots of people like it too! Cheers!
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?