The Tyrconnell Irish Whiskey...

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Capt. Pantless
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

The Tyrconnell Irish Whiskey...

Post by Capt. Pantless »

Anyone else ever had it? I was at the store and it was like $10 off($20ish instead of $30ish)...i've never had a single malt irish whiskey before, and i probably shouldn't be taking shots but so it goes...it's really good and i would suggest it if you can find it..

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

It'll make your babies be born nekkid.

Naw, I never heard of it.

Give it Hell and dont let it give you any Shit!

Spank its ass and make it write Bad Checks!

...and dont call it in the morning.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

It's pretty good, about on par with regular Jameson or Bushmill, slightly different flavor, though.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Ali Baba and the 40 oz
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Ali Baba and the 40 oz »

Try Michael Collins Single Malt if you're interested. Nice round malt flavors with a wee bit of peat.

Nice.

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

I've had it. I disagree with FNZ on this one simply because I find Jameson to be ever so much smoother than either the Tyr or the Bushmill (white label or Black Bush). It has its own flavour and a nice burn that's different from Bushmill.
Be safe everyone.

Burner2003
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Burner2003 »

Capt. Pantless wrote:Anyone else ever had it?
Ohhh yeahhh... Loved it, but... No, no, let me tell you my story before I go into "but's"

Scene: Christmas Eve 2006, all appropriate props in place, my kids in bed (while visions of sugarplums danced in their head)

Location: Middle America, totally average in every respect, newer subdivision home, deep in debt..,

So there we were, fresh back from the liquor store, all responsibilities dealt with, nothing but the rosy good cheer of the season left to sustain us through the early winter's night. And of course plenty of the obligatory beer and a few adult treats, including a bottle of the Tyrconnell.

Stepping back in time - It had been a toss-up between this new selection and my old standby, Jameson's. But, value won out over nostalgia, as I selected the pale green tube from the shelf. Hey, it comes in a tube, it must be good, right?

And it was. Upon returning home and cracking the seal, I discovered a very smooth Irish whiskey which brought my genetic forebears to the surface. The Christmas carols on the radio were quickly replaced by some Makem & Clancy ( A pause for a toast for Tommy Makem, a tea-totaler, but nonetheless great storyteller and bard, who has recently left us)

The later evening saw your's truly assembling his firstborn son's 1st red wagon, only slightly befuddled. This small confusion quickly departed as the bottle departed, washed down by copius amounts of beer and pastis of absinthe (for flavour, you know).

I can still recall the wee hours, after all were departed (including TyrConnell) except my long-suffering wife. Regaling her with oulde tales of past woes, I performed as only one with Irish heritage and whiskey in their blood are able. I'll not bore you here with details, suffice it to say that I may have found a new plateau that early morning.

For all you fightin' and drinkin' Irish out there who may want to enjoy that same starry height, may I suggest a bottle of the same, along with (pay attention now, it's essential!!) "O' Donnell Abu" by Makem & Clancy. If it doesn't make your blood rise and your legs straighten, well then, you may want to wonder about where it is they say you have sprung!!

You're still waiting for the "but"? You must be, you're still reading!! Well, the sad truth is the same old story. Early morning saw your humble narrator and a large mixing bowl making fast and furious friends with each other, as one spilled more guts to the other than is fair. I leave it up to you to decide who was the victor in that conversation!!
Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live! --Charles Bukowski