Jim Beam Devil's Cut

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Jim Beam Devil's Cut

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Anybody tried it? Apparently some fine scienticians figured out a way to suck out the whiskey that used to stay soaked into the wood and bottle it. Sure sounds good.

http://www.jimbeam.com/devils-cut

• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Jim Beam Devil's Cut

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

HEY! This looks like something I would enjoy.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

slipperyyoke
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slipperyyoke »

Ummmmm, I'd totally sex that up. I'll be on the lookout. Thanks for the heads up Jiggers.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

outstanding. Will find and destroy.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Well, it certainly looks good on paper, and not to diss the Devil's Cut without trying it first (I'm a Beam White drinker, btw), but keep in mind that this "extraordinary new bourbon experience" is coming from the company that also offers:

http://www.jimbeam.com/red-stag/about

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

science is awesome.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Wingman wrote:science is awesome.
THIS. Why do you hate science peetie44? This is why we can't have nice things/the terrorists win.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

DeeboCools wrote:
Wingman wrote:science is awesome.
THIS. Why do you hate science peetie44? This is why we can't have nice things/the terrorists win.
Ha-Ha...good one, DeeboCools!

I don't hate science...but then I also don't readily (and without tasting) accept claims of new breakthroughs in whiskey-from-wood extraction technology, coupled with $$$-marketing, as automatically guaranteeing a quality whiskey product.

I HAVE, however, sampled Red Stag Cherry Infused Bourbon...

Terrorists +1 on that there.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Seen this mentioned elsewhere online, waiting for it to come to the UK via some retailer. Looks worth a try (did see a comment somewhere its essentially just a way to market bourbon that's usually thrown away but since throwing away booze offends me deeply that's surely a good thing.)
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

peetie44 wrote:
I HAVE, however, sampled Red Stag Cherry Infused Bourbon...

Terrorists +1 on that there.
I'm with you on that one. A couple weeks ago I saw that a smaller company produces a "cinnamon bourbon". Bourbon needs no addition. But the devil's cut thing interests me.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I got shit faced on the DEVIL'S CUT last night.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

ThurstonDrunk wrote:I got shit faced on the DEVIL'S CUT last night.
NOW we're getting down to it...

willerror
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by willerror »

What the eff is "devil's cut"? A botched circumcision? No thanks. And Beam black cherry? No thanks.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

They say it's a play on the "Angel's Share," aka, the hooch the evaporates out of the barrel during the aging process. They made up "Devil's Cut" to refer to the stuff trapped in the wood. Reasonably clever, I'd say.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:They say it's a play on the "Angel's Share," aka, the hooch the evaporates out of the barrel during the aging process. They made up "Devil's Cut" to refer to the stuff trapped in the wood. Reasonably clever, I'd say.
It would be interesting to know the percentage of actual "devil's cut" (the whiskey extracted from the wood) that goes into the mix, in relation to the other (6yo, I believe?) bourbon it's blended with before being bottled.

Bottom-line...it got Thirsty drunk.