Drunk Travel Log

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Drunk Travel Log

Post by benitobeast69 »

Sorry not posted yet...i'll post some wedding/drunken vacay snaps soon. we are fucked. Kristy had a seizure on the last day and been in and out of Greek hospitals, got on the plane that night and the pilot said she wasn't fit to fly so we had to fly the next day....an extra day of vacation would have been nice but in reality it meant 15 more hours of Greek clinics with shitty aircon.

more info to come but in short...

i'm married...
it was awesome...
Beardy Brothers bar in Kalamaki is awesome...
Iguana Lounge in Kalamaki is awesome.....
weddings by the beach make for awesome wedding photos.....
Kristy made a beautiful bride.....
i made a drunk husband.....

Greek hospitals are shit...thank fuck for the NHS.

Also came home finally to a bit of a flood. not going well will share more after all sorted and had a drink or 10 to calm down.

OH AND OBVS....meeting Oett and AD in person rather than just on skype was the best!
Last edited by benitobeast69 on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Cheers to the wedding Benito. Sorty to read about what followed. That sounds frightening to say the least. I'm coming up on 12 years of not being married to my better half myself. Cheers and beers man!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Imagine that seizure was happening on the plane!

I hope that didn`t sour your overall magnificant two weeks of getting drunk and waking up with a ring trip
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

let's make dear booze go to Piru CA for his next road trip

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Dear Booze is dead but his spirit still Skypes somehow.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

He has sand in his booze
Drink!

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

I met Bukowski at a reading he did in Milwaukee. I got to tag along when the reading was over and it was time for drinking. He threw a wine glass at the mirror in Axel’s Bar on Oakland Street, took a long piss in the street in the middle of traffic, got 86’d from two different barrooms . . . And it’s a hard rain gonna fall . . . Bukowski told me Dylan has a weak chin. He told me his favorite singer is Randy Newman. It was a cool experience.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m sure that most folks here experience that ringing in the ears. It can be deafening. And headaches. Crippling some of them, just impossible pain. The thing about pain is first of all you only feel one pain at a time. You break your leg and your headache is gone. The next thing is you don’t remember pain, you remember you were in pain but you do not remember the pain itself. Third, when the pain goes away, it always goes away because the brain won’t let pain continue, there is a tremendous feeling of relief and a nice high. Time for a stiff drink and a sit down. We made it.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Okay, true story Monday afternoon, I usually stretch the truth in stories, but not this one. I’m out, no beer no bottle and I’ve been out since mid morning but can’t muster the energy to walk four blocks to the liquor store. But then I think if I can just walk five blocks I can hit the local bar and rest up and have a beer or two and a shot to perk me up and I’ll be back in action. Well, something unknown happened and all of a sudden I couldn’t move. So of course I ordered another Budweiser and then went outsider to smoke five cigarettes waiting’ round to die, I was able to move that far. Then I’m thinking to myself, “Look Thompson it’s only one block to the liquor store then four blocks home, surely you are not too much of a pussy to accomplish that feat.”So I took off, leaving my five cigarette butts on the ground. I know everyone at the liquor store of course and that went fine and I left (this is about dusk now) and I’m heading home and Just Like That I’ve got to sit down. I’m sitting on some asshole’s property and I tell him when he confronts me to call the police, I’m just resting a bit. Here come the police. Two of them, a woman and a man. The man asks me straight out What happened to your nose? I had forgotten about my nose actually but told the truth and said My wife tried to twist it off my face yesterday and I bleed easy. C’mon, he said, we will walk you home, let me carry the beer and bottle. The lady cop says to me, Here, hold my hand. And we walked the block and a half holding hands, and I squeezed her hand a couple of times and it was Remarkable.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Cops nursing drunks, that`s a new one
Drink!

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

oettinger wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:23 am
Cops nursing drunks, that`s a new one
I think they felt sorry for my nose, which I didn’t ever look at until later. When I looked later I was sorta proud. Kinda looked like Chinaski in Barfly.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Oh yeah, now I remember. We were on the subject of vodka. If you are a vodka drinker you most probably have one or two before noon. I do. Unlike brown whiskey which carries its own individual “thing” with it, all vodka is the same. Neutral grain. I’m gambling I could set up shots of Ketel One (or any high end) against say Burnett’s or Taaka and nobody would pick the high end out. The Scotches are different of course, as are the bourbons. The difference between Ketel One and Taaka is twenty-five bucks.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thompson wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 2:25 am
Oh yeah, now I remember. We were on the subject of vodka. If you are a vodka drinker you most probably have one or two before noon. I do. Unlike brown whiskey which carries its own individual “thing” with it, all vodka is the same. Neutral grain. I’m gambling I could set up shots of Ketel One (or any high end) against say Burnett’s or Taaka and nobody would pick the high end out. The Scotches are different of course, as are the bourbons. The difference between Ketel One and Taaka is twenty-five bucks.
I for one hate Absolut. Yeah it`s pricy too
Drink!

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Hey, I’m not a snob, I’ll drink a Ketel One, yes sir, I’ll force down an Absolute, absolutely. But I do want to warn fellow Booze Heads to DO NOT BUY any of the Bob Dylan whiskeys. Very hard to drink even for a hard drinker and WAY overpriced. I even hid the 100 proof from myself and still haven’t found it. I like Bob’s iron works and some of his paintings, but he can’t make whiskey worth a shit.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thompson wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 1:31 pm
Hey, I’m not a snob, I’ll drink a Ketel One, yes sir, I’ll force down an Absolute, absolutely. But I do want to warn fellow Booze Heads to DO NOT BUY any of the Bob Dylan whiskeys. Very hard to drink even for a hard drinker and WAY overpriced. I even hid the 100 proof from myself and still haven’t found it. I like Bob’s iron works and some of his paintings, but he can’t make whiskey worth a shit.
I heard many horror stories about Dylan`s distillings
Drink!