Drunk Travel Log

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Drunk Travel Log

Post by Dear Booze »

After years of drought, 2023 was a record-breaking year for rain and snow in California. Specifically, The Sierra Nevada experienced frozen precipitation; a deluge of atmospheric rivers blanketed the California mountain range with a historic amount of snow.

It's now May 18 and the snow is just starting to melt below 7,000 feet.

What a perfect opportunity to head to Shaver Lake, situated at 5,000 feet above sea level, east of Yosemite, and north of Kigs Canyon and Sequoia national parks.

The town of Shaver has a full-time population of about 300, and caters to winter snow-loving assholes and summer water sport douche bags.

We have a family there, so Mrs Booze and I decided to enjoy a four-day bender before the memorial day weekend, which is the traditional start of vacation season.

We arrived here in the middle of the afternoon and immediately began with Mexican beer. BRIAN! and his missus joined us a couple hours later.

Any of you who have drank with BRIAN! knows that nobody is allowed to possess an empty glass. It's now 10:30 PM and I'm turning into Oettenger; I can't keep my eyes open and I can't speak english.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Shaver Lake, Day II

Waking up to fresh cool air and the sounds of birds and squirrels at 7:30 AM is fucking foreign. The amazing thing is the lack of any trace of a hangover.

The kitchen and deck looked like what the citizens of Nagasaki awoke to on August 7, 1945. Fuck it. Nothing a little coffee and Jameson won't take care of.

It's now 12:45 PM and I just switched to rum.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:47 pm
any trace of a hangover.

The kitchen and deck looked like what the citizens of Nagasaki awoke to on August 7, 1945.
Tomorrows hangover will feel like radaition dissease
Drink!

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

I’ve been giving a lot of thought as to how my shoes got stolen off my feet when I passed out on Canal Street. My guess is it’s a girl who does the theft. That man smell will sort of jolt you awake, but a gal smell will put you at ease, put a smile on your passed out drunken face. Lots of these grifters nowadays are women, and they are expert at it.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

There were two Wonderful girls in a brand new car who drove by me on the street and said Hop on in we will drive you home. And I hopped on in. Just the friendliest couple of girls you could ever meet. The girl in the backseat was very friendly. Seeing as they were so friendly I suggested a trip to the ATM so we could get some cash to play fair. So I got a couple hundred using my card and pin at the ATM. Where to now? Say the girls, how about your place, we both like guitar players and singers. No shit, I said, well let’s GO. And the girl in the backseat gets very friendly again I think I’ve surely gone to heaven. Boy is my karma working. Got a bag of weed at home, some high shelf booze, a terrific record collection, we can have a good time. So, I get out of their car to open the gate to my French Quarter parking spot and guess what? The girls don’t drive in to the lot. They drive away. I just sit there feeling that feeling. Then I take stock. I have my wallet, but guess what? I don’t have my debit card. I also do not have my phone. By the time I can do anything the girls have gotten six hundred out of my account that only had four in it to begin with. They got my pin when I was at the ATM. I asked the gal at the bank how that was possible — to use a debit card and draw out more money than is in the account, $200 more. She didn’t know how that was possible.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thompson wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 9:33 pm
I asked the gal at the bank how that was possible — to use a debit card and draw out more money than is in the account, $200 more. She didn’t know how that was possible.
That`s bad man.
My Ex GF once passed out at the wrong party with the wrong crowd. They took her debit card and she must`ve drunkenly told them her Pin number.
Those junkies took that card to five different ATMs. You know there`s supposed to be a daily limit of 500 bucks you can get paid out for reasons like this.
Yet these crackheads managed to get 2000 bucks out of it. Pretty fucked up.
Drink!

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

It’s sort of funny in a weird way. I actually enjoyed the girls. They left me my driver’s license and about seventy bucks. They didn’t steal my shoes. The music they were playing in the car was super. Everything smelled so good, they were so nice, is it worth six hundred bucks for an hour or so to have two girls in a car be nice to you? It makes for a good story, I was wondering what guitar song I was going to play and sing and was fretting over that in case they actually came into the apartment. So that angst was relieved when they drove away.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

To top the story off, I see these two girls again. They are coming down the stairs of the hotel I work in. And out the door they go. This is the night shift of course and here comes the poor unlucky bastard in his drawers coming up to me to right this wrong. I told him, They were nice to you right? And while one was being nice the other one stole your credit card and phone? Yes. This is how good they are, the fella that got taken never drinks, he’s some kind of weirdo. But he is not going to be taken so easily so I let him behind the desk to use the computer to track his phone. We can see the phone going down Airline Highway and disappearing into some warehouse. His credit card has been cancelled because he used the hotel phone. That’s why they steal your phone. 2 reasons. 1. You can’t immediately call and cancel your card. 2. They sell the phones at the Warehouse.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

So basically it got nowhere. The fella had his phone stolen and he lost his cash deposit for the nice. He was a real trooper though, he couldn’t believe he’d been taken like that, and was sort of fascinated by it, just like I was when they left me sitting in that asphalt parking lot .

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

So I don’t know about you all but I am having a real problem with balance. I cannot keep my balance. Drinking or undrunk doesn’t matter. I fell down just now trying to make it to the bathroom to piss. Luckily I got up and pissed in the toilet and not my pants like I’ve been prone to do. This is weird man, you get up and you have no balance. Fuck, just don’t fall and knock the TV over Thompson. I will personally cut your liver out and set it on fire.

So I have to go outside on the front porch to smoke. This now has become a real circus act because my balance is so off kilter. I’m sure to fall off the porch eventually and break several bones and wind up in hospital without a drop to drink.

Which is my biggest fear. Not a drop to drink.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I was thinking of signing up for Balance of Nature vitamins. To regain my balance. Then I saw on one of the thousand different commercials that you have to take SIX capsules a day. You have to swallow six capsules a day. Forget that. Boy, that’s some smart marketing, huh? You don’t take one vitamin, no, you have to take six.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

The pain is overwhelming. You can’t live with that pain. No way. So you keep a bottle close by. At one time you put the bottle up on the counter and used a shot glass but now you just hit off the bottle that’s on the floor right next to your head.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Do you feel guilty about your drinking? Fuck no. I haven’t felt guilt since the seventh grade, and I can’t remember now what I felt guilty about.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

No guilt, and skip those pills. I don`t really know how to fix your issue sadly. Legstands maybe?
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Old Smart Skunk will do his annual visit to germany on tuesday. It will be a week long binge again. We tried to stock up on the hooch but it appears we drank it all already. I guess we`re too greedy.
Drink!