Dumb Customers and Cheap Bartenders

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

BeerGnome
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by BeerGnome »

TARTANSPECIAL wrote:fortunately, the pub i drink in tends to give the mistaken orders to the regulars, which is the reason i et drunk so cheap :twisted:
I think that right in there lies the whole problem here...
one can expect idiot custimers.. however.. I think the drinks were dumped becouse the simple fact that Lemmy was not a regular.

unfortunatly.. this bartender lost a potential regular in his actions.. not to mention.. his statement was insulting.. and at least in the state I live in.. illeagal.. of course in my state you cant set out free salty munchies on the bar becouse it encourages drinking (!?)

However.. if a statement like that was made around these parts.. the bar could easily loose its license.. its odd, I know..

I see it as a very bad buisness desision more than anything else. treat the custimer well..the custimer shall return..
hell I scored a Beam and gnger tonight becouse of a mistake, then of course I'm very good freinds with the bartender.. I was sitting beside the service rail.. and it was a crowded night..
I get all the free beer I want at the brewery, But I have to pay for liquer so it was a nice treat..
I killed a six pack just to watch it die

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

Joe Twelvepack wrote:
don't tell you've never walked out of a bar--with $--cause you didn't care for the vibe, or the back
Of course. But the bartender's point in pouring out the drinks was that Lemmy would spend less money on drinks if he had them, under the assumption that only a certain amount of drinks were to be consumed. As if Lemmy'd walked in thinking, "I'm gonna have 5 drinks tonight, whether I pay for them or not." Whereas I - and I think most of us - go into a bar with the intention of staying a while. I carry my night's spend fund with me - no matter how many free drinks that bartender hands me, I'm still likely to throw down the same amount of money over the course of the night - I will simply have consumed more alcohol than I could have afforded on my own.
alright I get you now. Your original post could be interpreted to mean you never leave, regardless of the ambiance. Your clarification makes clear that you were criticizing the bartender--deservedly so--and not condoning him. You're entirely correct: free drinks means more drinks consumed, not less money spent.
AHLL BE BOCK

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

And since we all agree, let's find a friendly bartender and get a few rounds in us.
stop thinking start drinking

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

cool. Then after a few drinks, I can misinterpret something else, and start a new squabble. Gotta love it!
AHLL BE BOCK

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

This time'll be my turn to misunderstand.
stop thinking start drinking

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

no, I'm just saying drunken arguments are cool. Be it politics, religion, women, or whether or not you should ever leave a bar, the bickering is fun, especially when based on misinterpretation, cause then it just gets absurd
AHLL BE BOCK