Dumb Customers and Cheap Bartenders

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Dumb Customers and Cheap Bartenders

Post by UnkleLemmy »

OK, I got a good 1,2 punch of barroom stupidity for ya. I was hanging out at a bar last night that I don't normally go to. Its 2 for 1 though and I'm having a good time. Around 11:00 this chick comes in, stands behind me and orders 2 whiskey sours. She gets them, takes a sip, and says (I shit you not), "Youck, there's something wrong with these. Its to sour, its not sweet at all!" and demands the bartender make her 2 brand new drinks. Well no shit honey! Imagine that, a whiskey sour tasting sour. WHo woulda thunk it? If they were supposed to be sweet they'd be called Whiskey Sweets, wouldn't they? So she gets to JD and Ginger Ales and walks off. Seeing the two lost drinks onthe bar and being curious to how bad they could be I grabbed one and took a sip. Tatsed fine to me. In fact my only complaint was that it wasn't sour enough. So I figure, "Cool, two free drinks." Just to be nice, I gave the bartender a hollar and told him that I'll drink these instead of letting them go to waste. So this idiot tells me, "Can't do that. Then you'd just drink less. We've already lost money on these" and procceds to pour them into the sink in front of me. Well, gues what buddy? Now you're right. I am gonna drink less. In fact I'm gonna leave this cheap hell-hole right now and give my money to a worthwile bar. If you think you would have lost money buy giving me two drinks you were just gonna throw away you can't imagine how much you lost by me not staying there. It was only 11:00 at the time anyways. Don't bartenders realise you give a customer a little that you get more back in return?

Oh yeah, and as I was leaving guess what I heard? "This Ginger Ale is flat." :lol:
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Mad Scientist
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Dumb Customers and Cheap Bartenders

Post by Mad Scientist »

UnkleLemmy wrote:Can't do that. Then you'd just drink less. We've already lost money on these" and procceds to pour them into the sink in front of me.
This man should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law... who's the lawyer around here? And that chick should be put out of her misery, or at least beaten about the face and head until she finds some sense (and I mean that in the least violent way possible).
"Women might be able to fake orgasms... but men can fake entire relationships."
-- Sharon Stone

MORRISON
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by MORRISON »

Alcohol abuse!

M

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

I could hear ther tip-o-meter counting down with every word the bartender said...until Unkllem left enitrely with his tips. BTW I bet the bitch who didn't like the sours didn't tip at all.

Hugh Janblack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hugh Janblack »

I honestly love this story. Bartenders that don't have a clue on how to please customers, customers that don't have a clue how to be pleased.

Don't say anything Lemmster, just tip toe away, because finally we have a place for those that decide to drink, but do not belong here!

Three cheers for the crappy bar we don't have to go to! Three cheers for the crappy bartender we won't be served by! Three cheers for the crappy customer, that we won't have to hear bitch!
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It will hurt less if you don't struggle.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I almost always give away my mistakes. Unless they are horrid concoctions.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

I always feel bad when I bartend and someone refused a free beer and nobody at the bar wants it.

On the bright side, I get to drink it.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

Once I actually paid 10% less and said that the diffecence is for me for being tortured by the miserable servant's dilettant gestures,
like me sitting at the bar and not being served in a second, or him holding the beer glass with his hand on the top of it - now come on, how can you touch a glass that way?
Last edited by One for the Frog on Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

What the hell? When I walk into a bar, it's with a certain amount of money in my pocket, and that money is going to the bartender and the bar one way or the other. Free drinks just mean slightly more is going in with the tips rather than the tab.
stop thinking start drinking

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

When I walk into a bar, it's with a certain amount of money in my pocket, and that money is going to the bartender and the bar one way or the other. Free drinks just mean slightly more is going in with the tips rather than the tab.
Amen. Plus if we discover a bar has a really cool bartender we come back...............often.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

Joe Twelvepack wrote:What the hell? When I walk into a bar, it's with a certain amount of money in my pocket, and that money is going to the bartender and the bar one way or the other. Free drinks just mean slightly more is going in with the tips rather than the tab.
now come on Joe, don't tell you've never walked out of a bar--with $--cause you didn't care for the vibe, or the back, or whatever? If not, you hain't been to enuf bars, and I know that hain't true.
AHLL BE BOCK

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

don't tell you've never walked out of a bar--with $--cause you didn't care for the vibe, or the back, or whatever?
Of course, but very rarely. The place has to be extremely fucked up for me to give up my barstool.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

don't tell you've never walked out of a bar--with $--cause you didn't care for the vibe, or the back
Of course. But the bartender's point in pouring out the drinks was that Lemmy would spend less money on drinks if he had them, under the assumption that only a certain amount of drinks were to be consumed. As if Lemmy'd walked in thinking, "I'm gonna have 5 drinks tonight, whether I pay for them or not." Whereas I - and I think most of us - go into a bar with the intention of staying a while. I carry my night's spend fund with me - no matter how many free drinks that bartender hands me, I'm still likely to throw down the same amount of money over the course of the night - I will simply have consumed more alcohol than I could have afforded on my own.
stop thinking start drinking

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

A fair point well made, Big Joe. No dissension here.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

fortunately, the pub i drink in tends to give the mistaken orders to the regulars, which is the reason i et drunk so cheap :twisted:
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.