The Blackout Thread

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Barca

The Blackout Thread

Post by Barca »

I remember the old days when I was younger and I used to get drunk and blackout and hilarity would ensue. I'd wake up the next morning (afternoon/evening) without any recollection of the previous night and just wait for people to trickle in with stories of hilarious and stupid things I'd said and done. Sometimes there'd be a new bruise, broken window, or unknown bra as a souvenir.

Clearly I'm getting too old. This Saturday I got really hammered and staggered home without memory sometime late Sunday morning. Looking around for some evidence of what happened while I was time traveling I discovered that apparently I went to the grocery store and bought paper towels and a pot roast. Woo-hoo! Party On!

I suck. I need a drink.
Last edited by Artful Drunktective on Tue May 05, 2020 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed subject line to match new thread merge
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

VodkaHero
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by VodkaHero »

Haha ya I love it. It's like waking up christmas morning and opening all your presents, you never know what yer gonna get. I can't wait to hear what I drank, who I hit on and who I tried to fight.

Of course, it goes both ways. I woke up the other week on my buddies couch to find out that I had thrown up all over him, his carpet and his guitar... which I spent the next hour with a massive hangover cleaning up. I woke up at 12:30, looked around, saw a big stain on the carpet and thought "oh man, I hope that wasn't me".
Happiness is a pint of guinness and a shot of jack.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

What about those almost-blackouts? The ones where it seems like you're just along for the ride, your brain whiteknuckled trying to hang on. But you remember eveything. Last thursday, this was me.

drinklikerichardburton
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by drinklikerichardburton »

Blackout bad. Memory good.

Me drink now.

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

I used to keep a small notebook with me and write notes of what time it was and what I was doing so I could remember after a black out. Unfortuantely my already bad handwritting gets much worse when I'm drunk so I could hardly ever read it. But it was fun trying to figure out what it meant.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I've done the "I'm drunk and I'll write the greatest novel/poem/philosophical discourse ever" thing. It is fun to try to decypher what seemed like coherent thoughts from the night before.

Post by Guest »

A couple weeks ago I blacked out for the first time ever. It kinda freaked me out when I woke up because I had no memory at all of leaving the bar. One minute I was doing shots of liquid cocaine and snakebite, then suddenly I'm being woken up and getting moved from my friends bed to the couch at 5:30am wondering what the heck was going on.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

funny, when i checked my pockets this morning i realised i either bought some of the ladies i was talking to last night at the bar a few drinks or forgot to get my change from my tab. Oh well good thing the bartender knows me. speaking of which why the hell am I not there now?
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

3DrinksAhead
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by 3DrinksAhead »

anyone else ever observe that strange phenomena where you are blacked out, probably dont even have your eyes open, and yet walk home from the bar without incident (or at least without getting lost)? It used to happen to me all the time when i lived in Framingham, then one night i realized i was just walking in a straight line from the bar to the apartment. Thank God there were no lakes/swimmingpools/quicksand on the way...
"this is... wait. This... its.. jesus... hold on... shit... ok, this is neither the time, nor the... the place for... uh... do you have a cigarette?"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I seem to have broken two fingers. I sincerely hope I didn't hit anyone.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

My jaw hurts. Did you come to Louisville last night and punch me?

I don'tremember how I got injured.

Palinka (RIP)

Nope.

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

But I think I need to pack it in for a while.
Lost about a pint and a half of blood last. Required a doctor to visit and clean the wounds. Flatly refused hospitalisation (Doctor was most insistant about an ambulance but I wasn't having it) on the, reasonably justified, grounds that I was afraid that they'd section me. Front door looks like a fight in an abbatoir. Shit.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

3DrinksAhead
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by 3DrinksAhead »

well, every good bender must come to an end. What'd you do, anyway? I lost about $30 in a poker game last night. I seem to just keep raising when im drunk. I dont even think i was looking at my cards...
"this is... wait. This... its.. jesus... hold on... shit... ok, this is neither the time, nor the... the place for... uh... do you have a cigarette?"

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

3drinksahead wrote:well, every good bender must come to an end. What'd you do, anyway
Apparantly I attempted to punch out an elevator. Not clever. Missed the elevator proper and went straight through the glass door. Much hilarity ensued.
I doubt whether I'll be able to wear my white jacket again. For one thing, it's not white anymore (more red turning to black). Carpet's sticky with ichor, too. Shit. Well, I had to move soon anyway.
I am considering getting a undrunk-brain dog. Can one get them at the same place as the seeing-eye dogs?
ドロンケン
ImageImage

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

alright.

Post by One for the Frog »

You've learnt to type with your left hand pretty quickly, matey!
Cheers and continue to feed the cats!