The Blackout Thread

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

speed3914
Souse
Souse

Re: Blackout

Post by speed3914 »

oettinger wrote:
SKguy wrote:I got way too drunk..
Eh...
SKguy wrote:Then I woke up laying partially on the couch with the front door wide open
Cool, with lights on, TV and Computer running, half finished extra greasy sandwich all over the place?
Yep, that`s a favorite of mine too

Yes!! Grilled cheese is my go to! Usually don't remember having one until I see the griddle pan on the stove the next morning lol

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Recently i was drinking with my friend. Of course after 3 bottles of vodka we wanted to have some more, beer wasn't cutting it so... We went to get some more. In the middle of the night, during thunderstorm with a heavy rain. Here y memory line stop. About two hour later i find myself standing bacchus knows where, alone. What the hell happened? Where the hell i am? This shithole i call my home country may look a bit indistinguishable at night. Everything is grey and almost identical (architects didn't bother to plan different regions, they used one template). After swearing a bit and taking a leak in the middle of the street i decided to call a cab. That was a brilliant idea in a most retarded way possible - i didn't know where to call it. After fidgeting with my phone a bit (all these new toy have gps installed), i found out i was not that far from home, yet place still looked unfamiliar. I called the cab and got home. For some reason i woke up on a chair near pc with "man vs wild" playlist on. That last one is a mystery to me. Heil lord bacchus and never ending mysteries of boozing.
P.s. next day i found out my friend got arrested. He couldn't recall a thing.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

oldsmartskunk wrote:Recently i was drinking with my friend. Of course after 3 bottles of vodka we wanted to have some more, beer wasn't cutting it so... We went to get some more. In the middle of the night, during thunderstorm with a heavy rain. Here y memory line stop. About two hour later i find myself standing bacchus knows where, alone. What the hell happened? Where the hell i am? This shithole i call my home country may look a bit indistinguishable at night. Everything is grey and almost identical (architects didn't bother to plan different regions, they used one template). After swearing a bit and taking a leak in the middle of the street i decided to call a cab. That was a brilliant idea in a most retarded way possible - i didn't know where to call it. After fidgeting with my phone a bit (all these new toy have gps installed), i found out i was not that far from home, yet place still looked unfamiliar. I called the cab and got home. For some reason i woke up on a chair near pc with "man vs wild" playlist on. That last one is a mystery to me. Heil lord bacchus and never ending mysteries of boozing.
P.s. next day i found out my friend got arrested. He couldn't recall a thing.
Next time tell the cab driver to find a well known landmark in your place, like the big whole in the ground where the hole town takes a dump in.

Sure, your friend doesn`t remember about the innocent virgin high octaine vodka bottles you tow just killed and threw in said hole?
Drink!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I'm strange. I blackout probably 1/3 times I drink. When I do, I'm always cohesive, collected, and barely slurring (mostly).It sucks. I blackout very early so I never remember the interesting bits
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sometimes I wished I blacked out.
Comes in handy during polygraph examination
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I actually don't blackout, that I can recall.

I do tend to reach a state where it feels like the controls on the ship are made of rubber, and nothing steers correctly. This was how I dropped my cell phone last weekend and the screen shattered, as I staggered back form the local with my Lady.

Like i was trying to operate a marinated marionette form Marianas Trench or some shit

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Blackout Central: Wait, I did WHAT?!

Post by Rye and Coke »

Apparently, I knocked some shit over and almost shattered some family heirlooms.... Don't remember a damn thing. The whole left side of my body is bruised, so.....there's that.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Blackout Central: Wait, I did WHAT?!

Post by Badfellow »

You were drinking like an Olympic champ and still talking 100% coherent. Zero slurred speech. I mean, we knew you were drunk- we all were- but you've got a serious poker face when it comes to blacking out. It's some sort of mutant superpower you have there.

Glad the family heirlooms are alright. One time I fell over into a table holding my ex-girlfriend's collection of rare orchids. Whoops, don't do that. Try not to break important things, but wear the bruises as a badge of honor.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:26 am
You were drinking like an Olympic champ and still talking 100% coherent. Zero slurred speech. I mean, we knew you were drunk- we all were- but you've got a serious poker face when it comes to blacking out. It's some sort of mutant superpower you have there.

Glad the family heirlooms are alright. One time I fell over into a table holding my ex-girlfriend's collection of rare orchids. Whoops, don't do that. Try not to break important things, but wear the bruises as a badge of honor.

This mutant power has gotten me out of many a dangerous police interaction.

I'm not on Nausea's level, but I can hide the demon better than most. Apparently being a bit too chatty is my only tell.

I just wish I knew why I feel like I got dropped through a playground jungle gym.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

What? You don't remember jumping off that eight foot step ladder and doing an elbow drop onto a bottle of dark rum? It's like you got possessed by Jimmy the Superfly Snuka.

Probably the best hall-of-famer moment was when Oggar lost his footing and face planted into the toilet. Oggar was fine; that guy is built like a mountain. The toilet? Total loss. Looked like someone hit it with a sledgehammer then finished the job with a hand grenade.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Blackout? What blackout? You mean the pre bedtime nap I sometimes take before heading upstairs? Somewhere there's a study that says people aren't getting enough rest. I'm just trying to get healthy.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

You're doing it right.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Not me boss. When I go over the edge, "snot slinging drunk" was coined because of me.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:30 pm
Blackout? What blackout? You mean the pre bedtime nap I sometimes take before heading upstairs? Somewhere there's a study that says people aren't getting enough rest. I'm just trying to get healthy.
Yeah that sounds like me. I don't black out while being awake and "coherent" anymore. Instead, I just get tired and pass out for a few hours. I turned old. Or maybe it's self-preservation mode to prevent myself from doing something retarded? Or back in the day, having something retarded done to you while blacked out. But I'm not giving up without a valiant effort first!
Okole maluna!