"remember? and then you started drinking the cooking wi

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

"remember? and then you started drinking the cooking wi

Post by MeanOldLady »

"i'm sorry, you'll have to jog my memory some more."

quotes from some serious drinking i did this weekend. so i went drinking with some of the boy's gang, and usually i avoid his crew like the plague or light beer because they're all a bunch of non-drinking, vegetarian ninnies. that's right, they don't drink or eat meat. plus they all have a bunch of really obnoxious children who need to get smacked around good a few times. but this is not a rant about how much i hate his friends and family, this is about how i agreed to hang with his work pals because they can actually kick back a few.

so there's this girl who i apparently knows me and is asking me all these questions about things no one would know unless i told them. the fuck is this person? the hell does she know where my parents are from or that i'm addicted to cheese? now being the polite modern drunkard that i am, i wait til she leaves, then quietly lean over to the boy and ask, "who is that?" i'm thinking this is a great move because i've been pretending to know who she is, the boy will tell me who she is, then i'll actually reference things about her and she'll be conned into thinking i actually remember our conversation! fuck me, fabulously good looking, charming and brilliant?

too bad the boy is the jackass. as soon as she sits back down, he goes, "she doesn't even remember you." <smacks forehead> you eeediot, you were supposed to play it cool. she was surprised that i didn't remember her at all, because we had allegedly shot the shit for hours and had a really detailed conversation. yeeah, um, too bad i didn't remember a goddamn thing about the whole ordeal. according to her stories, we talked about everything, and once we ran out of real booze, i was still thirsty and started drinking the cooking wine. yeah.

not that this is the first time a drunkard has run into someone who is totally blacked out of their memory, but i'm drinking at home and don't have anything better to do than to run my mouth (or finger, as it were) about nonsense.

so yeah, that's what happened. not exciting, but pretend like it was anyway.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Post by daphne »

EDITED- see below......................

I have blacked out a few times in my earlier years and once forgot meeting someone while cocktail waitressing in Cleveland. There was a party and I, too, had a nice talk with this guy then completely forgot about it until he came up to me weeks later to say hello. I fudged it, and slowly the conversation came back, but not by much.

And, as veggie, I have to say that I really don't like how alot of us act at parties or social gatherings. I keep it to myself and have a pretty nice time and don't judge others. Vegetarians can be really hard to put up with because of the judgemental thing.

(... here I am saying vegetarians can be judgemental and I made a judgemental opening statement myself. I apologize.)
Last edited by daphne on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

Miss Conception
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: "remember? and then you started drinking the cookin

Post by Miss Conception »

MeanOldWitch wrote:...now being the polite modern drunkard that i am, i wait til she leaves, then quietly lean over to the boy and ask, "who is that?" i'm thinking this is a great move because i've been pretending to know who she is, the boy will tell me who she is, then i'll actually reference things about her and she'll be conned into thinking i actually remember our conversation! fuck me, fabulously good looking, charming and brilliant?

too bad the boy is the jackass. as soon as she sits back down, he goes, "she doesn't even remember you."...
And we add this guy to our shit list.
He sucks. :evil:

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

Anastasia Beaverhausen wrote:And we add this guy to our shit list.
He sucks. :evil:
hey, hey, whoa! easy there, cap'n, "this guy" is my bf, and he's growing on me. and yes, i drank the cooking wine. can't tell you how it went down since i honestly can't recall, but let's just assume it was great because there was alcohol in it.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Jackie07
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Jackie07 »

MeanOldWitch wrote: hey, hey, whoa! easy there, cap'n, "this guy" is my bf, and he's growing on me. and yes, i drank the cooking wine. can't tell you how it went down since i honestly can't recall, but let's just assume it was great because there was alcohol in it.
It goes down badly. Cooking sherry, at least, tastes terrible and contains a lot of salt. I've drank it in desparation about a half-dozen times before...and it makes for one hell of a hangover. Still, at least it's a last-ditch option.
"OPOVE TRHE DYCJUBG BIARD,,,TI AND I ARAE OTGETHER...HE SAITH MY WHILE THEY IN TEROOOGAATEEDMER."

~190Proof, on (presumably) love.

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Post by daphne »

MOL, I edited that because it sounded wrong and was. You are right.
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

WildDamnTurkey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by WildDamnTurkey »

I black out at some point nearly every time I drink. Of course, I never remember anything when I'm undrunk either, so I'm pretty used to it.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

When I meet people I always tell them, "I have a really bad people memory and because I'm drinking probably won't remember you."

A shocking number of them seem to be familiar with this fact. I have also actually described people as "that blurry dude." Welcome to the fandamnily.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Barca

Post by Barca »

Ogre wrote:When I meet people I always tell them, "I have a really bad people memory and because I'm drinking probably won't remember you."

A shocking number of them seem to be familiar with this fact. I have also actually described people as "that blurry dude." Welcome to the fandamnily.
In my local there's a guy who owes me money, but I have no idea who it is. We made a bet when I was completely hammered, and I won, but for the life of me I can't remember which guy it is. There's a whole stack of regulars that I recognize as frequent patrons, and I'm sure I've talked to each of them dozens of times for hours, but I don't remember any of their names or anything about them.

It's getting really bad. San Francisco is relatively small for a big city and just about weekly someone says hello to me on the street and addresses me by name and I have absolutely no clue who they are. I mean not even a hint of familiarity, and some of them are really friendly as if we know each other well. Frankly, I'm not the kind of person you come up to on the street and engage without certitude, and i tend not to be responsive, but these people are so sure we're friends that they catch me off-guard and I actually believe them over my own memory, falling down on the job as it is.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

<speaks into tiny voice recorder> note to self: borrow money from barca.

i actually lost a debit card recently. didn't turn up at the bar i was at the previous night, or at any of the other bars i frequent, so i don't know wtf happened to it. checked my balance, nobody used it, had to order another. arrr. i need to have a hidden camera on me so i can know what in blazes i do every night.

Barca

Post by Barca »

MeanOldWitch wrote:<speaks into tiny voice recorder> note to self: borrow money from barca.

i actually lost a debit card recently. didn't turn up at the bar i was at the previous night, or at any of the other bars i frequent, so i don't know wtf happened to it. checked my balance, nobody used it, had to order another. arrr. i need to have a hidden camera on me so i can know what in blazes i do every night.
One of my friends came up to me in the bar the other day and handed me one hundred dollars. I said, "What's this for?" He said I'd loaned it to him a few months ago. Sweet, I bought the round.

i used to carry a lot more cash, but now I try and use my debit card to keep track of the night so I know what bars I went to. Most of the bars I frequent only take cash, but I can track them by the address of the ATM I use. The downside to this system is I'm on my seventh debit card in the last two years. Usually, I'm so anxious to get back to the bar and start drinking that I sprint back inside as soon as the money comes out and leave my card in the machine.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

WildDamnTurkey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by WildDamnTurkey »

Penguins stole my shoes at a party last summer.
That's the only viable explanation I can come up with.

My buddy has an annual theme party every summer and last year it was toga because we're unimaginative plebes. I got up the next day and people were telling me stories about things I didn't remember. I.E. - "You know, when you and I were upstairs and you were drinking the 7."
"I was drinking 7 last night?!"
"Yeah, after you downed that jug of Sangria and way after you threw the keg in the pool."
I remembered throwing the keg, that's tradition, but for the life of me I couldn't find my shoes. I hadn't left the house, pool or yard area, and the yard is fenced in. My shoes were just gone.
Penguins.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Barca wrote:In my local there's a guy who owes me money, but I have no idea who it is. We made a bet when I was completely hammered, and I won, but for the life of me I can't remember which guy it is. There's a whole stack of regulars that I recognize as frequent patrons, and I'm sure I've talked to each of them dozens of times for hours, but I don't remember any of their names or anything about them.

It's getting really bad. San Francisco is relatively small for a big city and just about weekly someone says hello to me on the street and addresses me by name and I have absolutely no clue who they are. I mean not even a hint of familiarity, and some of them are really friendly as if we know each other well. Frankly, I'm not the kind of person you come up to on the street and engage without certitude, and i tend not to be responsive, but these people are so sure we're friends that they catch me off-guard and I actually believe them over my own memory, falling down on the job as it is.
I hate when that happens. It happens to me a lot too. I think one night in the not to distant past I made a large group of friends while getting fall down drunk. They want to throw me a party for some reason and I don't know who any of them are.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re:

Post by mistah willies »

Oggar wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:41 am
... because I'm drinking probably won't remember you."
You know, that would be very cool to have on a t-shirt.