An Historic Drunkard

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

The Night Editor
Tippler
Tippler

An Historic Drunkard

Post by The Night Editor »

It's been a great month for The Drunkards, Modern and Historic

In addition to today's release of the Modern Drunkard book, "On The House: The Bizarre Killing of Michael Malloy" was released this month. It's the true story of a Depression-era drunkard who thwarted numerous attempts on his life. All except the last one, of course. :( Check out the author's web site at http://www.simon-read.com.

Here's what the Oakland Tribune is saying:

"First-time author Simon Read ... delivers a firecracker of a thriller in "On The House." Read relates the facts of this 1930s crime in detail, yet his sense of humor bubbles underneath. There is a kind of poetry in the way Read links words in phrases, sentences in story. His style is magnetic, and his humor lies in wait, ready to surprise and delight... (The) book is graphic and the story gruesome, but in a larger sense it affirms the tenacity and grandeur of the human spirit.''

Another reviewer noted that Malloy "had more lives than a Hindu cat," adding, "I've never read a true crime book like it. Neither have you."

"On The House" opens with a quote: "Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink."

You get the idea. Cheers. :!:

bella
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by bella »

Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.
thats why i came to this place 2 years ago..

Cheers
me loves the voddie

daphne
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: Washington. Home of JZ Knight and other nuts, which is why we drink here.

Post by daphne »

"On The House" opens with a quote: "Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink."
It's my dad's favorite quote.

But, he says beer.

Tomato. to-mauuuuuuu-to, whatever!
RIP Frederick and my beloved GatorX
You deserve all the puffery you can get
daph and grip say "bourbony goodness!"
http://daphneszoo.com/

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

I tend to agree with Primus and The Spent Poets, you CAN'T kill Michael Malloy!!!
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

The Night Editor
Tippler
Tippler

Post by The Night Editor »

You've got the spirit (and Malloy's lives on!)
Just another drunkard stumbling through the whiskey haze of life.