Drunkard Injuries

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drunkard Injuries

Post by oettinger »

Never trust a doctor not as drunk as you
Drink!

buzzsaw
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by buzzsaw »

After a couple week hiatus, unfortunately scraped my shoulder on a homemade door lock in my home. It looked exactly like another female had scratched me during some amazing sex (that never happened). Try convincing a woman that... smh

Just to insult to injury... I stupidly put a used pregnancy test to hang out of the bathroom shelf and sprayed a little perfume next to the toilet (in a light hearted attempt to make a mockery of my shoulder wound) before my ("ex") showed up. That joke didn't go over too well

Ouroboros
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Ouroboros »

A camping trip, & a bottle of Macallan Director’s Edition. I have an eight inch scar down the side of my leg, and not the faintest idea how it got there... woke up in my tent the next day with my sleeping bag glued to my calf with blood, and my drinking buddy also wondering what the hell happened.

Not my only drunk injury, but my favorite story.
Remember: Safety third

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

buzzsaw wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm

Just to insult to injury... I stupidly put a used pregnancy test to hang out of the bathroom shelf and sprayed a little perfume next to the toilet (in a light hearted attempt to make a mockery of my shoulder wound) before my ("ex") showed up. That joke didn't go over too well
You got used pregnancy tests just laying around? Hmm. Not sure if I should say "Wow" or "Ewww!". Hope it was negative!

I had the epitome of a drunkard injury that put me in the hospital for a month. Not a proud moment nor a good time by any means. Let's just say now I'm a wee bit more careful...
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

buzzsaw wrote:
After a couple week hiatus, unfortunately scraped my shoulder on a homemade door lock in my home. It looked exactly like another female had scratched me during some amazing sex (that never happened). Try convincing a woman that... smh

People just hang on to pre enjoyed pregnancy tests? People will collect any and everything I guess.
Last edited by scream ale on Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:57 pm
buzzsaw wrote:

People just hang on to pre enjoyed pregnancy tests? People will any and everything I guess.
I got black, white, red, yellow and retard (yeah that`s a collour) for you on offer. Super white and super black cost extra

Back to topic I burn myself often when drunk
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka (RIP) wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 am
I once came-to to find a bloodied footprint on the ceiling. To this day I have no idea how it got there. I mean, I know how I cut my feet; I got really fucked up and passed out with an ashtray on my chest, which smashed on the floor when I turned over, whilst sleeping, and then I cut my feet on the broken glass when I staggered up for a piss and another few shots of Pálinka (I was in Hungary, in those days). So the bloodied footprints on the floor and the bed are completely explainable but the one on the ceiling? And Hungarian rooms have really high ceilings. Weird.
Friggin miss the Dude.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

mistah willies wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:56 pm
Palinka (RIP) wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 am
I once came-to to find a bloodied footprint on the ceiling. To this day I have no idea how it got there. I mean, I know how I cut my feet; I got really fucked up and passed out with an ashtray on my chest, which smashed on the floor when I turned over, whilst sleeping, and then I cut my feet on the broken glass when I staggered up for a piss and another few shots of Pálinka (I was in Hungary, in those days). So the bloodied footprints on the floor and the bed are completely explainable but the one on the ceiling? And Hungarian rooms have really high ceilings. Weird.
Friggin miss the Dude.
I never knew him, but I see the love and respect he inspired. So I raise a glass to him.

As for me, my most recent and insane injury occurred when I had visited my neighborhood bar after a really tough week at work. It was just to blow off some steam. I usually drink alone from my cache at home, but this time I said 'screw it, I need to be outdoors.'

There's something about being around 'your kind' as it were; and my kind tend to be drunkards of all races, genders, makes and models at this establishment. So off I went.

I had already primed myself with a few glasses earlier in the evening and was only planning on having a couple of doubles.

Well that shit didn't happen, lol. I didn't mention it earlier, but the owner of the bar and I had become friendly thanks to our shared love of professional wrestling. So as soon as I walk in the door, he's like "Rye, get over here! What's going on man!" He and his wife are TRASHED and he's just ordering us shot after shot of Fireball. My last memory was of slapping him on the back, heading to the bar for my second double and...that was a wrap.

Through the ink blot-dark, bog of eternal gladness that was my blackout, I remember falling backwards through a door, a bathroom, and my god, some type of nudity.

My wife found me at the foot of our basement, in the aforementioned state of undress, sporting a velociraptor claw-shaped, bleeding wound on my left triceps. The walls around me looked like a Pollock painting of red fingerprints. To this day I have NO IDEA what happened. Obviously, I made it home, which is no mean feat seeing as to get to the bar, I have to cross a pretty high bridge and a couple lanes of traffic. However, it was after midnight, so I was pretty safe in that aspect as there was no one on the road.

What did I do? Did I destroy his bathroom? What did I say? I have no earthly idea, so much so that I'm probably never going back there again. Hahaha. I can't deal with that fallout. Just another bridge burned I guess.

Then again, maybe I will sneak back one day, under the cover of a thick blanket of time. Maybe I'll find I did nothing at all, and was only guilty of injuring myself on my way home from having one of the greatest times in a while.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:13 pm
I remember falling backwards
Don`t we all?

Somewhere I posted about being wasted in a bar being located on a very steep hill. I did some nice lumpia-rolls. No cab driver would drive me home after wittnessing it
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:13 pm

What did I do? Did I destroy his bathroom? What did I say? I have no earthly idea, so much so that I'm probably never going back there again. Hahaha. I can't deal with that fallout. Just another bridge burned I guess.

Then again, maybe I will sneak back one day, under the cover of a thick blanket of time. Maybe I'll find I did nothing at all, and was only guilty of injuring myself on my way home from having one of the greatest times in a while.
So I sneaked back in recently and sheepishly asked the bartender if I had done anything...unseemly. The small female bartender only smiled at me devilishly and assured me that I did nothing, or at least she hadn't heard that I'd done anything. She does remember them bringing up my name for some reason tho'...

which of course means...

I did some shit.

Haha, whatever, at least I now know that I'm not banished from the place. Cheers to that.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Godammnit, I broke something in my foot

Post by Rye and Coke »

in an angry rage, I kicked a door. The door was like, "quit playing with me" and my foot was like, "back up, back up."

So now I'm doing the Dr. House thing with a cane. Just hobbling about, all cranky and grumpy. The doctor said it's just a contusion, but it feels broken to me.

The doctor said I can take pain killers, but that's not something I want to do with the lifestyle I lead. I mean, I don't hate my liver. So I got myself a bottle of rye and vodka and I'm just going to wait this thing out. Anybody got any war wound stories? I'm a use this thread as a diary of my recovery.

Cheers!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

You`re sure you don`t have any autodidactive-drinking-autosuicidal-malsuperfunction when you`re drunk?
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

As a mod I have to ask this question...
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Drunken injuries

Post by Savage »

It's that wonderful time of the year, when champagne and boozy eggnog and Tom and Jerrys flow. So how did I tear up my left foot and my right knee? Retrieving a couple of Christmas packages, stepping barefoot on a chunk of glass I missed from the broken candelabra from Macy's that came a day or two ago, and tripping over Grumpy's damn sneakers that he leaves in the entry instead of dumping them in the damn halltree-shoedump thing I bought when we moved in here. (He's trying to kill me. The unsalted nuts make me choke.)

So now I am awake, and I cannot put on a shoe to drive for a half hour to the nearest town to return the fekking candelabra bits and pieces and I'm all out of the oxy whatever they gave me after surgery and all this happened while I was hopped up on milk and cinnamon toast. Life is (fill in blank)

Grumpy drank all the bourbon. Pour a lady a drink?
like tears in rain

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drunken injuries

Post by Badfellow »

Rowdy Savage Piper wrote:I am here to kick Grumpy's ass with my one good foot and chew oxy. And I'm all outta oxy.
A Drunkard prayer of healing and pain mitigation goes in your direction. Remember to eat plenty of healing, holiday foods (cheese fondue, chocolate) and drink plenty of healing, holiday liquids such as Bourbon and Prosseco.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ