Drunkard Injuries

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: drinking injuries...

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:I have a scar just behind my hairline from when I launched myself towards a dancefloor and hit the ceiling. Who the fuck puts a ceiling indoors anyway?
And doors right, you want to be outside anyway, why the stupid obstacle course?

Also, shower curtains are not build to hang on to while drunk. I once took a drunken shower when all of a sudden the russian buddy... wait, this story is NSFW /In the end the toilet lid was broken / story
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: So you fell down, let's hear about it...

Post by oettinger »

As a teenager a came home drunk and hit my head on a big glass lamp attached to the side of the wall. No big scar and no DNA test needed to tell it was me who was drunk enough to hit that one spot on the wall in a fifteen feet long hall
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Lush City wrote:..I tripped on the last step going to my condo. Since I was carrying bottles of booze and beer, I kept my hands to my chest...

Or

oettinger wrote:...came home drunk and hit my head on a big glass lamp attached to the side of the wall...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Teh great ones I can remember:

1 Falling backwards out of a chair at ice-fishing camp. Applause, great praise and several rounds presented by the time I was restored to vertical.

2 Parking lot, Bavarian Inn, 1974, face first, again, funny as hell at the time and fortuitous as it saved me from getting my ass kicked.

3 Montcalm County Sheriff traffic stop 2011. I still say the fucker's uniform was a fag's version of gay.

SKguy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SKguy »

Three times I've fallen down the stairs after coming in from having a smoke (I live in a bi-level, so there's only 6 steps to fall down). Twice I fell on a coat rack and broke it, and the third time I fell on my face, injured my nose (but I didn't break it), and I broke my glasses! I needed new ones anyway... it was winter so I just said I slipped on the ice haha.

A few years ago, I was on my hands and knees digging through a cabinet looking for some music to listen to, and when I stood up I hit my head on the sharp corner of the top of the cabinet, and I vaguely remember rolling on the floor holding my head in pain. The next morning I noticed a little bit of blood on my pillow and my head had a big spot of dried blood and it took a minute to remember what I did hahaha... that very well could have been dangerous, but everything worked out fine.

Occasionally I'll wake up the next morning with a small bruise or cut or something like that, and I had no idea how I got it.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Wow! Haha! I'm loving this thread. How about you?
Gravity is not a lie and alcohol will put you in a trance.
So, everybody falls down... name it and claim it folks!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I remember one glorious mid summer festival, we were at friend's summer cottage making breakfast (grilling) outside. Since there was no places to sit left I decided as someone who just woke up from the lawn and started my day off with a pint of gin naturally and followed it up by sitting on the edge of the grilling shed (or whatever such constructions are called).

Otherwise a great plan but a) there was a extremely steep hill behind my back
b) I was swaying like I hadn't found me ground legs yet

So I tumbled down backwards with a bottle of gin in my hand and rolled with the momentum (to protect myself and the bottle) almost managed to roll back to my feet and had a second to glimpse on my fellows before losing my balance again and finally ending up with my feet in the lake, roughly 30 feet from my original location.

Only got some slight bruises on my shoulder and lower back + a nasty looking, but overall minor cut in my right elbow.

The bottle was too intact, however some of it had been spilled during this process as the container was open.

Good times.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

have your seen my scarface lately? It's here somewheres, the story.
Short version: Grateful Dead main St., 2 balloons, good, 3 bad
The moral : sit down drunkards when sucking your nitrus.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

I have quite a few scars from when I was drunk. however for most of them I can not remember their origin. you know if you black out it really kills the story.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Before I knew I had a seizure disorder, I fell down the stairs, breaking my fall with my face on a couple of tables full of
Christmas decorations. The Grump was too drunk to take me to the emergency room. In fact, the next day, when he came home and saw my broken nose and chopped off front teeth crowns, he was all, "WTF?"

I now figure, that the time I got up to go to D'land with my grandkids, (back in 2005) and fainted (I thought) in the walk-in closet, and ended up with a broken foot and a concussive injury worse than what some NFL guy might have gotten, that I might have had epilepsy for many years.

And now I'm dying. Well, fuck that. I'm not going. Gonna get through. Gonna get clear. That is all. 10-4.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
And now I'm dying. Well, fuck that. I'm not going. Gonna get through. Gonna get clear. That is all. 10-4.
You are indeed not dying.
Bur wrote:I

The bottle was too intact, however some of it had been spilled during this process as the container was open.

Good times.
Fascinating isn`t it? I have seen over the years, and endured, a lot of crashes, but more often than not the drunk is saving the drink more than his own body. (no life!), we call this the Statue of Freedrink.
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

OW! That's gotta hurt...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:Before I knew I had a seizure disorder, I fell down the stairs, breaking my fall with my face on a couple of tables full of
Christmas decorations. The Grump was too drunk to take me to the emergency room. In fact, the next day, when he came home and saw my broken nose and chopped off front teeth crowns, he was all, "WTF?"

I now figure, that the time I got up to go to D'land with my grandkids, (back in 2005) and fainted (I thought) in the walk-in closet, and ended up with a broken foot and a concussive injury worse than what some NFL guy might have gotten, that I might have had epilepsy for many years.

My dear,
You are my heroine. You will be true to the end.
Cheers!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Lush City wrote:
Savage wrote:Before I knew I had a seizure disorder, I fell down the stairs, breaking my fall with my face on a couple of tables full of

My dear,
You are my heroine. You will be true to the end.
Cheers!
Fanx! (she slurred.) ((Hey, it's Sunday morn, day before nasty medical procedures, so, let's all raise a pint or two of bourbon, 'k?))
like tears in rain

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

I fell into a boat once.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields