The Urban Spaceman - An Experiment

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: The Urban Spaceman - An Experiment

Post by The Urbane Spaceman »

Savage wrote:First off, you believe you are anonymous on the internet. Well, bless your heart.
Dear Lady Savage,

Thank you for your involvement in this consideration. We mean no one any ham at all.

We are not a single person.

You see, it is not a single person who contributes here, under this guise.

We are more than one.

Be we Minion or are we Legion?

All are welcome here, under this cover of anonymity.

Thank you: to the Mighty Dr. P

No Abuse (except for alcohol when we spill her on the floor)

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Yeah. We are one. We are the interweb.

Now, here are some boobies and kitties and disgusting things we don't want to name.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Savage wrote:First off, you believe you are anonymous on the internet...
Dear Lady S., if only you had read my post, which is the first post in this thread. In that post, I make it clear that there is no such thing as true anonymity. Indeed, we moderators can look up a Board user's (whether they are a Board member or just a browser) IP address. From their IP address, we can trace their actual address, their ISP (internet service provider), if there have been any previous complaints registered against them, for their internet activities, to their ISP, etc. However, "The Urban Spaceman" account was set up as an experiment, which allows Board members to tell stories (maybe even, make confessions) that they wouldn't like associated with their regular Board profile (which might be known to other people in real life). I have attached a fairly stringent and severe set of conditions upon use of this account (and anyone who breaches those rules may well find themselves outed).
So, when the person who was using The Urban Spaceman account said:
The Urban Spaceman wrote:...We mean no one any ham[sic] at all.
We are not a single person. 
You see, it is not a single person who contributes here, under this guise.

We are more than one.
Be we Minion or are we Legion?
All are welcome here, under this cover of anonymity...
That person was speaking quite literally. The account is available to be used (but not abused) by any Board members.

I hope this explanation clears things up for you, dear Lady S.
Also, do please click on the link, in signature line of The Urban Spaceman, and listen to the song because the last line* sums it up.

* "I don't exist!"
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by The Urbane Spaceman »

Good heavens you mighty Drunkards, what a marvelous interplanetary excursion that occurred indeed.

Your friend The Urbane Spaceman awaits command from Space Central on how and where to commence.

Let us partake of the elixir and the lifeblood which is proper form for us all, as we navigate the star charts upon our vessel.

Cheers, and always,

to Ethyl

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

You know, wandering around a forum full of drunkards with a martini for a head might not be the safest choice. Just sayin'. You're gonna get drunk, but not in the sense you were expecting. Like walking at night in a bad part of town with cash hanging out of your back pocket.

The fact that you've got speed, everything you need, and don't exist won't save you.

Keep writing, mighty Booze Head.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

So, y'all got our address? Pmail and let me know how much meat and booze we need for the BBQ this weekend. Grumpy is buying a better one on Saturday. Home Depot is his favorite place.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Savage wrote:So, y'all got our address? Pmail and let me know how much meat and booze we need for the BBQ this weekend. Grumpy is buying a better one on Saturday. Home Depot is his favorite place.
Mmmmmm...Drilled steak...Makes holes for spices and other flavour enhancing products.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Aisle 6: Dry rub your meat, or this?

Frig it. Let's get marinated.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:Aisle 6: Dry rub your meat, or this?

Dammit man! I was just about to say in the "what are you eating" thread, hey Willies, try this Cal-Mex specialty burrito we all love down here. You've heard of chile relleno? Compuesto de relleno is way better.

Spoiled my gag. Oh well. At least the word "fish taco" is enough to give most Northeasterners the... willies. They seem to think it's some kind of raw fish stuffed in a hard taco shell.

They're beer battered. Sold? I thought so.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Look at it this way, at least you US citizens know what will be served at your kind of Donner Party.

We have to pay extra for it to be a "known" meat product.

It just provea that when endrunkening, one will eat anything, I suppose.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Palinka wrote:Look at it this way, at least you US citizens know what will be served at your kind of Donner Party.
That pass is, even today, one of the most dangerous in the country. When snowstorms set in, there are massive vehicle pileups. One of these was caught completely on accident on film, by the show "American Trucker". But I digress.

I've had Donair, as they call it, in Canada (the Maritimes), where they serve it with a sweet sauce. But I grew up eating gyros, and much prefer it.

Well, I think we've enfoodinated Spacey's thread to the point of engorgement now.

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

man i want to put my stories, but they are a little to bad and apparently it has to fit the theme and mine just dont
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

givemesomepills wrote:man i want to put my stories, but they are a little to bad and apparently it has to fit the theme and mine just dont
No, they aren't (and that goes for interesting or correct English).
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

givemesomepills wrote:man i want to put my stories, but they are a little to bad and apparently it has to fit the theme and mine just dont

Thats what she said
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

mistah willies wrote:

Thats what she said
I don't get it but I always appreciate a that's what she said joke
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul