The advanced training weekend

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

The advanced training weekend

Post by oettinger »

Topics like this and this brought up a nice past weekend`s experience.
Somewhere I might have mentioned it before, but it just fits.
Being at a party I exactly knew not to go over the fence because next morning at eight the bus goes to take me and my co-workers onto what will be a fun weekend in duisburg, germany for some advanced training. Not in a hotel but rather a youth hostel as the money was tight as always.
The pouring started, 1 am became two, quickly became three, people were leaving dead tired and drunk. Still sitting there are the host some strange slob and oettinger, preaching for more drink! Hey it`s four hours to go, that means three hours of sleep! So pour in! Hed did, korn-schnaps and fanta-red. Yummy, another one on the way home! And another and so on.
I did make it home and couldn`t believe it but managed to sleep from 6 to 7:30 or so. Wow. Got out of bed, was dressed already, and walked for 20 min to meeting point. Picked up some mint gum to cover up the smell... yeah pointless I know
I had to sit through a whole day of bullshitting talk when finally there was some alkohol to be had again. But first there was the "lets meet our collegiates round" and there was some serious complaining about my smell, which I barely noticed, face burried under some baseball hat...
As my tongue was wettening I was brutally reminded: every division of our small social workers company had to entertain the others for one of the two evenings we were staying there. The primary school division of my company had brought some small schnaps bottles with them, and I thought to myself: "great, they planned a binge!"
No, nope, they put us in three groups with random luggage they put together and some random stories drawn up we should dramatically perform wearing them outfits for the others...
Luckily I was in one group with my major boss of that time and he loves drink as much as I do, was away from the wife and ready to imbibe. Sick of this game and having drawn the jesus story with the death star and three kings of drunk, we fested on the free schnaps for our performance! In the 15 min window we got for short rehearsals we flattened some of these little fuckers!!!
Later I hung out with the practican and some guy the welfare office send us to take care of for a year, we drank through the whole night.

Then the next day, same procedure, getting bored, fall asleep till the evening while some professional is talking bullcrap...

But then our part of entertaining the night was on schedule, and as the men of our youth club division couldn`t come up with anything more than indoor soccer, or some drinking the women had planned in weeks in advance to invite a dancing teacher. We all had to go through this, changing couples and all that. I hoped my smell would kill that damn teacher!!!!! And then the alkohol was suddenly empty. There was no more to had in that place and the hostel stuff said sorry but don`t bring something in here, we will close at 11 pm anyway! Well fuck you we said, then we may spend the night at that bar and the gas station...
Drink!