Newly Engaged

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

VIG44
Booze Head
Booze Head

Newly Engaged

Post by VIG44 »

So I got engaged last night!! Got the romance package at the St. Paul Hotel, had champagne and tuxedo strawberries delivered to the room, then we went for a walk in the park and when we got to a good location next to the fountain I got down on one knee and popped the big question!! Then we had a surprise dinner with my family and her family and had more beer and champagne!! So happy and relieved that everything went so well and I'm excited to spend the rest of my life with her, she is an amazing woman.. but damn these champagne hangovers...

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Newly Engaged

Post by Casual Binger »

Congratulations! I take it we're all invited to the wedding (or at least the stag night)?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Congratulations!

Will the reception be a cash bar or open?

It will be the determining factor in whether any of the heathens around her will make the wedding.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Patchez wrote:...Will the reception be a cash bar or open?

It will be the determining factor in whether any of the heathens around her will make the wedding.
Absolutely, one has to try to recoup one's travelling expenses (and sundry other expenses) at an open bar (the further they come from the more top-shelf booze will go down their gullets).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Congrats also.
You are sure the hangover is from the champagne though?
Drink!

VIG44
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by VIG44 »

We looked at venues yesturday.. We know for sure we want to at least provide the beer and wine, but adding in the hard stuff really adds A LOT to the bill, so we are going to have to talk to our families and figure out a budget..

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Congratulations young man

Perhaps you'll get booze for wedding gifts. That could make a man go Mormon and then become heathen after the wedding

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

VIG44 wrote:We looked at venues yesturday.. We know for sure we want to at least provide the beer and wine, but adding in the hard stuff really adds A LOT to the bill, so we are going to have to talk to our families and figure out a budget..
Just a suggestion...

Provide two bottles of wine for each table. Maybe 1 white and 1 red. Then, have a no-host bar available too. I've been to a few weddings like this. Nobody was offended... They were all classy and fun.

I went to one that had Champagne on each table and we also each got a ticket or two for a drink at the bar. It was very cheesy.
DRINK!

Bur

Post by Bur »

generally I'm not that interested in weddings unless there are leather pants involved

this worked though