LA FLEUR DU MAL 6 : KNUCKLE DEEP

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

LA FLEUR DU MAL 6 : KNUCKLE DEEP

Post by The Urbane Spaceman »

“Urb.”

“Yeah. What up.”

“Urb. I got these.”

“Huh. What you thinking?”

“I’m not thinking.”

“Me neither.”

…Huh…

DONTopenTHE DOORpleaseDONTopenTHEDOORopenDONTWAKETHE DORRMOUSEitwillawakenDONTOPENTHE DOORopenDONTLET THE DOOROPENWHATARE YOUTHINKING

We sat in dark silence. We sat there drinking. We sat in blackness. We sat there waiting in black drink. Our faces glowed now and then form our black cherries. Our cigs glowed from lit ends that shined light darker than shadows. Our cigs cast black light that made shadows cast shadows on the wall. We faced black uncertainty. We faced each other in this blackness. We grimaced as we smoked our cigs. We did not know what would happen next. We only knew that we grimaced at each other. We shared our blackness together. We shared our shadows. We found that in the depths of uncertainty, we had TRVST with each other. We had trvst that we would face this blackness together. We would have this. Some what may, we would face it together. Our blackness grew into the depths of the black until the shadows lent their light.

*creak*

We waited for the footsteps. We wanted to make certain that we were correct. We wanted to make absolutely sure that we were doing the right thing, correct thing. We wanted to be sure that we had it all together. We wanted to do this right.

*step*

Silence. Listen to a shadow.

*stepstepstepstep*

Shadow.

Jerry flicked his cig at the shadow.

The black cherry glowed bright as it arced in the black air. It hit a face.

“AHRRRGH!”

Face lit up, and it was not Joey.

I flicked my cig up, in a long arc, and two more faces glowed with light and sparks when it hit the wall.

Flares, in the night, will blind the enemy.

Jerry stood across the hallway form me.

Three men in the hallway. Three men with hunger, but no questions. Three men with greed. Three men blinded with blackness.

We charged.

I drove my black brass knuckles into faces and Jerry swung at legs with his batons. Ambush. Clean. Promises and apologies and pleading and bleeding and broken teeth and slumping and kicking and fighting and pummeling and more teeth and more brokenness.

Blackness.

In a little while, light.

Adrenaline, spent adrenaline: shakes, vomiting, crawling, apologies, knees on chests, and weapons kicked away.

Form far off in the distance, the black night rumbled a deep, throaty growl.

The sound of a motorcycle that held a large biker and a small Hispanish Lion.

This would be a party.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: LA FLEUR DU MAL 6 : KNUCKLE DEEP

Post by oldsmartskunk »

More and be quick about it or might drink you under the table!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

WTF was that Urb? Did someone hack your account (hehe, I know)?
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

The Urbane Spaceman wrote:...I flicked my cig up, in a long arc, and two more faces glowed with light and sparks when it hit the wall...
I love this description. Anyone who has ever done this knows EXACTLY what it looks like... And how it feels.

First of all, there is a rush of excitement and, at the same time, fear. Kind of like throwing a rock into a croud of people from a fast moving car. You can't exactly control it, but you clearly meant to do it. You smile and grimace at the same time. You want to do damage but shutter at the thoughts of causing some serious and permanent damage... You laugh hysterically, yet say to yourself "oh fuck oh fuck OH FUCK!" and then whatever happens happens.

The arc of glowing light travels like a tracer in some war scene. But when it hits, it turns into a brief and beautiful fountain of sparks that all burn out far too fast. Unlike the rock, they won't do any real damage, but they will certainly wake the fucker up who you were aiming at. It's a true "fuck you" move. "Eat shit mother fucker... It's your move. Whatcha gonna do? I got nothin to lose.

Keep going, URB. We are all ready for more.
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I thought the next part would be put up in time for Halloween. Spaceman: You're fired! I want my money back