Early wino experience

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Early wino experience

Post by Lush City »

When I was in HS, wine was the best bang for the buck. Managed to get a half gallon of Bali Hai fruity Hawaiian style red wine from Italian Swiss Colony. It was the best of the bottom shelf.
On an empty stomach going to a party I downed nearly the whole bottle. Ended up nearly comatose in various parts of the house party. May have had an out of body experience because things started looking very small and far away. Anyway, my buddies carried me out and put me in the back seat of the car and drove me home. They pulled me out and carried me up the front steps of my parents house where they propped me up against the front door, rang the doorbell then ran to the car and peeled out. Needless to say, it was a shocking surprise to my non self indulgent parents when I fell through the door onto the floor when they opened it.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Early wino experience

Post by oettinger »

Ha! Did you also throw up while falling down? Fruty red wine sounds like a monster headache the next morning
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Can you drink Bali Hai anymore? I had the hardest time to get back to gin, after a particular cheers game with my buddy Joey. The human body is so self protective that once something makes you sick, you will not eat it again. It's one of the few avoidance instincts that takes only one trial to become learned at the physical level.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

mistah willies wrote:Can you drink Bali Hai anymore? I had the hardest time to get back to gin, after a particular cheers game with my buddy Joey. The human body is so self protective that once something makes you sick, you will not eat it again. It's one of the few avoidance instincts that takes only one trial to become learned at the physical level.
Mine is cider. Oh, and Goldschlagger.
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Anyone else?

Bueller?

(yes, that will always be relevant. It's become part of our lexicon)

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Korn schnaps, mariacron german brandy, basically every german brandy
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Well it wouldn't be a drunkard thread without a story of total demoralization with wine. I'll forgo the pain and just tell you it was experienced. It has passed and the wounds have healed and I'm long back into the saddle never to drink wine ever again.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:Well it wouldn't be a drunkard thread without a story of total demoralization with wine. I'll forgo the pain and just tell you it was experienced. It has passed and the wounds have healed and I'm long back into the saddle never to drink wine ever again.
Last resort. Zombie land:
Lush and Oett are running out of gasoline, says Lush: "We still can drink the 200 gallons of wine we carry around"
Oett: "sure but we can also try to squeeze a somewhat tasteful whisky/vodka hybrid out of this nuclear waste in front of us"
Drink!

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

"On second thought, why not both?"
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Mezcal was my Waterloo.

Me and a buddy while in tech school in the Air Force. Split a bottle of the cheapest we could find. Rented a room at the Buena Vista hotel in Biloxi. Second floor overlooking the pool. proceeded to party with 20 or so guests and locals on the walkway outside our rooms up above the pool. About 8 or so the staff came through and said we all had to return to the room or leave the area as the pool area had been rented for a reception of some sort. We grudgingly complied. More shots flowed and we became more disgruntled that our party had been cut short by some state representative. The grumbling continued as my buddy, myself and three fellow airman drank up our dwindling beer supply and my buddy and kept shooting mescal. I blacked out during this point but I was informed that, by reliable sources that I mumbled "fuck those suits, we defend America , we deserve the booze they hold hostage. " With that bold statement I leapt from the walkway into the pool with a demonic howl. Other people fell in as I screamed past them to splash down. Other scattered. Somehow I eluded capture and managed to snag some champagne and get back to the room. I got the worm shot then passed out in the tub puking all over myself several times.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

LMAO! I'm going to sue you for giving me a hernia!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Great ending to a great story there Patchez.
Luckily my throw-up times seem to be a part of history
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

This was history for me Oettinger. I was a pup of 18 in the Air Force and Grandfathered in to being able to drink at 18 instead of 21 in MS.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:This was history for me Oettinger. I was a pup of 18 in the Air Force and Grandfathered in to being able to drink at 18 instead of 21 in MS.
That's the real deal story. Yup. This would have been under the threat of nuclear planetary destruction. Probably before Raygun got the Star Wars started up.

That was some fucking scary shit that was real, and probably still is, just less publicly announced.

Can anyone imagine flying a fighter jet, heading to stave off incoming ICBM's?

Damn.