Philosophical drinking sessions

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Philosophical drinking sessions

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Back in the day, before dark times came (wives, jobs...) me and my friend would do somewhat philosophical inebriation sessions. We would get as much hard liquor as we could carry in our hands and drink ourselves into the ground while talking about life. Random drunk ravings. As i mentioned, we would drink quite a lot. That is the fun part. Being young,drunk and happy can lead you to strange places. And it was the case. Friday night. Our spirits were even higher than usual. So was the amount of spirits in our bloodstreams. It was around 2 am when we decided to take a walk. We were out of booze. So priority stop was at a local gas station. And of course it was raining heavily. Did i mention it was mid summer? It was toasting hot and even intense rain didn't help much. We didn't want to get wet so we dressed ourselves in finest winters coats we could find and headed out to complete our booze quest. Journey to a gas station was uneventful by itself,but when we got to it the fun started. I grabbed a bottle of vodka and put it on the counter. Cashier lady asked for my ID and i provided it. Apparently she wasn't that familiar with our country laws and decided i needed to be 21 years old to buy vodka, which is not true. Legal drinking age in here is 18. My bastard friend was awfully quiet, in fact i couldn't even see him. I dealt with a cashier lady and went outside. He was waiting for me there. With a stolen bottle of vodka and ABBA CD(Swedish pop band). I could understand why he would steal vodka, but ABBA CD? (To this day he still has that cd) With our booze situation sorted out, we went to nearby kindergarten to take shelter from the rain and drink some more. A little something caught my eye - on the first floor there was an open window. And at the time it seemed like a good idea to climb in inside, just to take a look. As we did so, the whole absurdity of the situation hit us hard and we were laughing like maniacs. There was a cheap plastic wall clock so i took it. It made things even funnier, i couldn't stop my laughter which at this point woke up security guard. I could hear his hurried footsteps. The only logical thing that came to mind was to run. I embraced the clock and commando jumped out the window, landing flat on my belly, like a whale. My friend left the building somewhat more gracefully by leaving half of his pants on the window frame while climbing out. We ran and laughed. We got to our usual spot near an abandoned building. We decorated it's wall with greatest asset we got that night- cheap plastic clock. I even got a nickname "clock man" stuck to me for quite some time.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Philosophical drinking sessions

Post by oettinger »

Ahhh yes the kindergarden story!
Drunk, young, stupid ideas. Been there done that, too many of times. But hey we`re all still alive and not in jail right? Smartskunk are typing from jail???
I don`t know much about your country but security guards late at night in a kindergarden is something that we have to face with patriot act part two (steven seagal, or was it seagull, acting as president of the United States of misery) in the future he?!
Maybe you didn`t really find what they were protecting? Are you sure that it was a kindergarden and not your parlament, drunk as you were?
Did they keep his pants as evidence and stored it deep down in a dusty box in the pentagon?
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote: Did they keep his pants as evidence and stored it deep down in a dusty box in the pentagon?
That is where the best pants of all time are kept.
oldsmartskunk wrote: I could understand why he would steal vodka, but ABBA CD? (To this day he still has that cd) With our booze situation sorted out, we went to nearby kindergarten to take shelter from the rain and drink some more.
Thank you for keeping your word and telling us more about kindergarten kop. Great story! But now i have even more questions: What sort of philosophical discussions? BTW, "ABBA CD" is kind of like the rhyme scheme for a sonnet. Wait, this morning beer is making me think too much. This never happened before

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Yes, indeed. Thank you for making good on your promise of sharing the kindergarten story.

Now there is a generation of local kids who can't tell time!

Nice job.

BTW, stolen booze tastes the best. Doesn't it?
DRINK!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

I've never stolen booze. The worst I've done is taken some pint glasses home with me. I'm not as rebellious as you lot obviously.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.