Do You Remember Your First Drink?

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Do You Remember Your First Drink?

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^^^ Pickled fish? That also sounds rather frightening but would give it a try. I have eaten some fish eyes...they were not bad. Only drunk of course. How old were you?

I think my first drink was similar to Lush City's. I was 12 and there was some cheap American beer laying around at a party open like Coors, PBR or the Beast. Didn't really care for it but wanted to try to get a buzz so snuck some anyway. Thankfully I graduated to MD 20/20 not long after to further accentuate my future crappy bottom shelf taste in alcohol which has brought me here today. Cheers!
Okole maluna!

the_inebriati
Souse
Souse

Post by the_inebriati »

First "drink" was the rest of various unfinished screwdrivers(I remember them being huge in the early 70's) hanging about on lawn chairs and metal outdoor tables at our multi-family block parties(also much bigger in the 70's). My parents were not big drinkers but the white trash family across the street who hosted most of the parties were epic alcoholics. I was 6 at the time and I could regularly finish of beers, martinis, and screwdrivers at those things, completely undetected or more to the point undeterred.

First beer? Was either a Hamms' at one of those same parties or a sip of my grandfathers Old Milwaukee around the same age. I still miss Hamm's....

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

the_inebriati wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:54 pm
First "drink" was the rest of various unfinished screwdrivers(I remember them being huge in the early 70's) hanging about on lawn chairs and metal outdoor tables at our multi-family block parties(also much bigger in the 70's). My parents were not big drinkers but the white trash family across the street who hosted most of the parties were epic alcoholics. I was 6 at the time and I could regularly finish of beers, martinis, and screwdrivers at those things, completely undetected or more to the point undeterred.

First beer? Was either a Hamms' at one of those same parties or a sip of my grandfathers Old Milwaukee around the same age. I still miss Hamm's....
Fear not, Hamm's is still available. Around 15 bucks for the 30 pack in my area or $4.50 a sixer of the pounders.

Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

ScottMcG
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ScottMcG »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 pm
^^^ Pickled fish? That also sounds rather frightening but would give it a try. I have eaten some fish eyes...they were not bad. Only drunk of course. How old were you?
Ever had pickled herring? My parents would make pickled northern pike with wine, vinegar, and various pickling spices. I remember many evenings watching my mom preparing the brine, with the kitchen counter lined up with quart jars filled with fish filets.

My first beer was probably Pfeiffer beer. My dad would buy cases of 24 returnables of Pfeiffer beer. I dimly remember being aware of trying the beer when I was six years old.

the_inebriati
Souse
Souse

Post by the_inebriati »

Hamm's is still available?!?!?! Didn't they stop making it? Is this a "comeback" or has it been in production all along?!?!

If it is a comeback is it still the same taste as 1977 or like Primo and other "comeback" nostalgia beers it's completely different?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

the_inebriati wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:09 pm
Hamm's is still available?!?!?! Didn't they stop making it? Is this a "comeback" or has it been in production all along?!?!

If it is a comeback is it still the same taste as 1977 or like Primo and other "comeback" nostalgia beers it's completely different?
I think it's been in production all along. I believe it may have went into limited distro due to flagging sales. The Hipster turn from craft beer to cheap beer about 10 years ago, the switch to Miller, PBR and the like, may have triggered a wider distribution footprint.

So I'm guessing it's the same stuff. Tastes like the same stuff I stole from my Grandfather and some of oldsters at our hunting camp during deer season and work details.

I would like to thank the Hipster Trash for that. I would like to kick them in the nuts for the rise in PBR prices due to the switch. Seems those assholes will pay any ridiculous price for image.

At least the price hasn't touched the Hamm's yet.

Though the Hipsters and their twat knots have returned to craft beer, judging by some of the local breweries. Kinda bums me out.

the_inebriati
Souse
Souse

Post by the_inebriati »

Can you smuggle me some Hamm's to Hawaii?

ScottMcG
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ScottMcG »

the_inebriati wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:09 pm
Hamm's is still available?!?!?! Didn't they stop making it?
Hamm's is all over Minnesota. The hipsters/millenials/throwbacks love it.

That said, I enjoy Hamm's whenever I can.
Amateur demolition derby on the carpeting afterward

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

the_inebriati wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:46 pm
Can you smuggle me some Hamm's to Hawaii?
I'll work on it. USPS ships shit all the time. They don't have to know what's really in it.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ We can send back some Bikini Blonde in exchange. And no, not the kind chained to a radiator.
Okole maluna!

the_inebriati
Souse
Souse

Post by the_inebriati »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:52 am
^ ^ ^ We can send back some Bikini Blonde in exchange. And no, not chained to a radiator.
Wait..are you in Hawaii too?

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I have no idea what my first drink was.

Two early fond memories are carrying 80$ worth of Samuel Smith beer across campus in a backpack (I was underage but met an older friend who bought them for me). Score!

We also used to pull "Hey Mister's" to get strangers to buy for us. It worked like 90% of the time, except the time I accidentally asked the store's employee, who happened to be helping a customer load his booze.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

My first sip was of my grandfather's Budweiser, I think I was 10 or so. Didn't like it at the time. My first actual drink was a pint of Guinness, I don't regret that one at all.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:39 pm

We also used to pull "Hey Mister's" to get strangers to buy for us. It worked like 90% of the time, except the time I accidentally asked the store's employee, who happened to be helping a customer load his booze.
That`s funny.

I`ve written this on the board often enough, but when I turned 15 I was never asked for I.d. It was common that you sell minors alcohol in stores.
Nowadays on the other hand... I have to point to my bald head, and they might still try to pull my glued on beard "You cancerpatient children suck"
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

My first drink was a can of Fyfe and Drum beer when I was about 10. My neighbor and good friend, who was about 14 at the time, worked at the convenience store across the street part time. One night he stole a six pack of the stuff from the store and a half a pack of Lucky Strikes from his Dad, so we took our ill gotten gains into the woods to consume them. I couldn't finish a whole can of beer because it was too carbonated to keep down, and all I could do was puff on a the Lucky Strike as though it were a cigar, but at least I tried. Hey I was only 10!