THE DESERT SONS CH 8 : A SMALL DISCOURSE

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

THE DESERT SONS CH 8 : A SMALL DISCOURSE

Post by The Urbane Spaceman »

OK.

Apologies, but just had to make certain that I can continue this true tale. Hey, it takes a while to age before you sip, true?

No chugging aloud.

Chug quietly.

Let’s continue, shall we?

Mr. DiCicco seated La Fleur Du Mal across in the secluded booth behind the tapestry. He poured her a glass of red wine and then did the same for Joey, who sat across form her.

He said, “Would you care to hear what I have cooked for you tonight?”

Joey said, “You cooked for us tonight? Holy crap!”

Mr. DiCicco chuckled and said, “Hopefully it will be divine crap.”

La Fleur laughed and Joey blushed. Joey said, “I apologize, Mr. DiCicco. I meant---"

Mr. DiCicco said, “Joseph, no apologies necessary. I cook for you your favorite dish. Perhaps it will be a surprise for your lovely date here as well. Please enjoy the wine, and I will be right back.

He winked at Joey and left.

La Fleur said, “What is your favorite dish?”

Joey said, “Well, in this place, he used to make the best chicken parmigiana with only the thigh meat. Dark meat is the best. It’s juicy and sweet.”

La Fleur smiled. She said, “You are spicy. I see this. Why didn’t we meet before, exactly?”

Joey said, “I was not in my best frame of mind. So… What is your favorite dish?”

La fleur said without hesitation, “Byorek.” Then she giggled. She said, “Uh, I like to have tasty things in small packages.”

Joey smiled back. He said, “Some things are not so small, and they are very spicy indeed.”

She said, “Mr. DiCicco called you Joseph. What is your last name?”

Joey shook his head. He said, “Easy now. Not too much now. Let us eat first. But what is your first name?”

She took a sip of her Banfi Chianti and wiped her dark, full lips. She said, “You can call me Emeralda.”

Joey raised his own glass to her, then sipped form it. He said, “This is a good wine. I could get used to drinking this spiciness.”

Emeralda said, “I think you should.”

Joey said, “I feel like I know you from a long time ago.”

Huh.

---urb ouit

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: THE DESERT SONS CH 8 : A SMALL DISCOURSE

Post by oldsmartskunk »

THE DESERT SONS CH 8: Prelude to the silent boner. Or it seems like it.