"How I got home from the Kentucky Derby"

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I found this. It's amusing. I have never heard of this site before.

“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: "How I got home from the Kentucky Derby"

Post by Patchez »

Living just north by about 45 minutes from Pimlico I have a bunch of those same stories about Preakness. Damn those infield parties were fucking epic. Till they started limiting booze about 5 years ago. Beofre that ie was as much as you could carry. Booze and beer. it was all fucking good.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thanks for sharing FN, I`ll read that later on. Sounds very promising.
Hey Patchez, what`s a "limit"? My drunk german dictionary just spat out this philosophical line: A level you can`t reach with just one bottle
Drink!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Patchez wrote:Living just north by about 45 minutes from Pimlico I have a bunch of those same stories about Preakness. Damn those infield parties were fucking epic. Till they started limiting booze about 5 years ago. Beofre that ie was as much as you could carry. Booze and beer. it was all fucking good.
They haven't let you BYOB into the Derby infield (or Churchill Downs, for that matter) since...well, since I have ever heard stories abot this. They want you to buy theirs. In fact, they started limiting the ammount of anything that you could bring in, and then set up Thorton's convenience stores inside. Also, and I have railed about this in the past, but there is a Bacardi tent at the Derby, because nothing says Kentucky like PR rum.Whatevs...see the Confession.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Ok. Back in the day there was the no limit rule beyond if you can carry it yourself.. you can bring it in. Those were the days of Preakness.

The infield was the bastion of blue collar against the froo froo twats in the grandstands. This in one of the greatest blue collar cities in the States. Baltimore. A fuckton of Micks, Pollaks, and Eastern European mutts. Add in a bunch of Jerrys and the Brothers... and it was a great working city.

Anyhow, we show up and drive as close as we can get and are waved in by the Block Party parking attendants. Every house inside 20 mblocks of Pimlico will let anyone park on their grass. So we pull in. My cousin and three of this college buddies. I know this will not end well when I ask does anyone have coke?.. You know to keep the party going? Blank stares fron the children. Point of fact I was only 8 years older than these kids.

Any way we went in with roughly 2 cases per person, tow fifths of whiskey and vodaka per person and noooooo water.

Two hours in the day gets blurry but I do remember an old Tour trick of mine. You want drugs... cabbies. So I hire a cab and score an 8 ball. Which after the cab drops me off as close to the track as the cops will allow, I jump out with my flask and sixer and start making my way to the track.

Several pitstops for beers and bumps, with a ton of scolding that I could drink on the front lawn I just couldn't do rails.... I made my way to the track.

No hope in hell of finding MY ride home, I figured standing ner the 83 Exit toward York I might see someone I recognized. It worked. A scooter bum I rode with saw me and picked me up. Provideded I stole a road cone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

"You want drugs... cabbies"

hehehe yup

man, I remember PJ O'Rourke's thing on the inner track field at the downs. Too buzzed to link if I coulsd find it.

Wait, it was Hunter, wasn't it

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

It was indeed H.S. Thompson.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I have forgotten the face of my father. It was indeed a helluva fucked up tale, and written as only the Gonzo could do and get away with it.

Now about your youth. How did you and your brother become this way? Betting, Brewing, exploring flavonoids of Lovely Lady Ethyl, hunting with guns, traveling to drink in watery areas, detecting good music, deep frying turduckens, tending dogs and children

no wonder you don't have time to shave.

Hey, I was talking to Hunter here. Don't take this personal. jeez.