Did I tell you about my first Metallica concert?

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Did I tell you about my first Metallica concert?

Post by oettinger »

In wake of our soon to be happening berlin bender I`ll share this story with you drunk folks.

When word came out that Metallica was touring europe again in the new millenium we knew we had to see it live.
10 almost adult drunks we were and booked tickets for a show in berlin plus the train. We figured to sleep somewhere outside, more on that later.

The train:
Each of us brought a 24er carton of cheap beer for the 4-5 hour ride. Back then there wasn`t any deposit on beer cans so you could throw your empties around.
The seats in the train had these tiny pop-out tables just like in planes. You can be sure that our tables were covered in mounts of empty containers.
When we got drunk later on the ride we went to the dining car for fun`s sake. When they tried to lower the roller blind on the bar one of us tried to quickly jump in, they handled it nicely and served us more beer.
Next up was a livid discussion I had with an Israeli guy which ended with me calling him a freaking nazi. Cool huh?
Upon arrival one of us was passed out and we thought it would be very funny to leave him sitting in the train as it went on. Sadly he woke up on time (maybe because it got suddenly quite in the railcar?).
We then went to check out the venue. Strangely enough we got inside.
I was drunk enough to get lost in there and security guards with dobermans on leash were looking for me.
I don`t remember how we got out of this, but I got no rabies.
Three of us bocked a hotel, but the rest of us decided to sleep on some playground.
I apparently started to shiver heavily while sleeping and someone suggested that another one should atleast put his jacket on me.
Others that knew me and my drinking better just said "Fuck no, he`ll easily survive that".
Show was great.
Next night it was either take the latenight train or one at noon. Bunch of us got the first one and I was left with the three guys who booked the hotel.
Of course the hotel staff didn`t like me being with them. "You have to announce guests" blah blah. Ok, fuck you. I spent that early morning on a nearby park bench. The ride back was fun even though there was some thunderstorm and we had to change trains three times because of it.
I think I left out more funny details but this is roughly what I still remember.
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Did I tell you about my first Metallica concert?

Post by oettinger »

While some had McDonalds for breakfast I had a bottle of whisky.
We then went to the reichstag and they let me crash in front of it.
Waking up I tried to sneak in with some tourist group.
I was odded out quickly.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Did I tell you about my first Metallica concert?

Post by mistah willies »

If you face the rear while riding on a train, do you become ill?

also, why not keep your face out of other people's rear?

Hey, excellent story my good man. we should attend to drinking together when you cross the ocean.