Drunk Travel Log

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Drunk Travel Log

Post by Dear Booze »

It's that time of the year. The time of the year where I do a lot of traveling for work. It's boring as shit, but it's a great opportunity to seek out new drinking spots. Currently, I'm in Anaheim, California. Almost exactly two years ago, I had one of my favorite drinking weeks of my life and wrote about it here:

http://www.drunkard.com/bbs/viewtopic.p ... m#p1139731

This year, I've decided to use this forum as my own personal Travel Log and simply post my drunk shit in real time. Hell, I may even take requests.

I'm currently posted at the Marriott Hotel lobby bar and just started on my second rum and coke.

Stand by...
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Re: Drunk Travel Log

Post by Dear Booze »

I'd really like #3 in a series of drinks, but all three bartenders are huddled together talking about something important. I think they are discussing the formation of a "mail-order gillotine company" - which would be awesome. But it's probably a discussion about "who ordered the long Island iced tea". Fucking hotel workers always have exotic accents.

Wait. Okay. I just received #3.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Fuck this. I'm getting a cab and finding a dive.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

At McFaddens. This place is the opposite of a good bar. But "bad" is not song enough. It's fucking shitty. They are out of Guinness. Seriously. A place named McFadden's is out of Guinness.

One pint of Moose Drool and I'm out of here.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

At the Hilton Hotel lobby bar. Another rum and coke. Starting to feel it.

Bartender is odd. I believe he's a stroke survivor.

Everyone in here is trying to get laid and the pickup lines are lame. "You are very beautiful," "Are you staying here?" "Put her drink on my tab...". "Whatever happened to the good old "Hey bartender, give us each six more of these, we're gonna take them upstairs." Or "hey baby, wanna fuck?"

The kids these days!
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Another really good line - which always worked for me is "Weird, but I've got 18 sofas in my room. How many do you have? Wanna come see them? It's the damnedest thing!"

What's this bullshit, piped-in lobby music?

"Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking, and as she passes, the guys all stop and say, 'hey babe, wanna burn one?'"

"Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking, and as she passes, the guys all stop and say, 'hey babe, wanna ride my Harley?'"

I'm officially drunkie.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

God damnedest call drink is $11
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Day 2.

It's 1:115 P.M. and I've got a break from the excitement of doing nothing. The hotel bar looks inviting, but I really want to find a local bar. Anaheim might not have any. Everything is so fake in this town. I blame it on Walt Fucking Disney.

It's going to be a long day.
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Oh hell yes, this Travel Drinkalogue. Keep it up, one of our own many MDM explorers. Report from the front lines. In-friggin-deed.

DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I made a poor decision today. A real rookie move. I started drinking early, but was scheduled to attend a cocktail reception at 6:00. I showed up sloppy and am still here.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

The party has moved to the Marriott and I am unable to stand up without swaying. I just excused myself to go "make a call", but in reality, I'm smoking on the porte cochere and typing this.

In a moment, a Mexican guy will tell me his views on Trump. Yeaaaa. Can't fucking wait!
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I don't always a shit in public restrooms. But when I do, I use the handicapped stall.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Hey, I'm the last man standing. I think I'll have another drink or two at the Hilton, across the street. Then go to bed.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

it's early - 1:00 A.M. I'm in bed with a rum at my bedside. One more day of this shit. I still have hope that Lush City will respond to my PM and accept my invitation for drinks,
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

“Nietzsche said: ‘What does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger. My version is: ‘What does not kill me, only serves to make me sleep until 3:30 the next afternoon.'”

~ Jim Carroll
DRINK!