Drunk Travel Log

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Drunk Travel Log

Post by Dear Booze »

I remembered the name and location of the Irish bar I've been seeking. I'll be there in about an hour.

http://www.dublinsquareirishpub.com/
DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hand crafted pub shipped from Ireland? Many years ago, someone had a drunken idea, and then found other folks to put up some ca$h to make it happen.

Sounds like the Modern Drunkard Magazine.

Ya gotta believe, yup. Make stuff happen.

Skype would be cool. But you'll look like a hipster, huh

Stouts and nut brown ales appear to be on your horizon.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Log

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Log
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

mistah willies wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:02 pm
Hand crafted pub shipped from Ireland? Many years ago, someone had a drunken idea, and then found other folks to put up some ca$h to make it happen.

Sounds like the Modern Drunkard Magazine.

Ya gotta believe, yup. Make stuff happen.

Skype would be cool. But you'll look like a hipster, huh

Stouts and nut brown ales appear to be on your horizon.
I finally made it!

Took me longer than I hoped due to hitting three other shitty bars in Little Italy, but I made it!
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

For some reason, the beer tastes better in this bar. Better than anything in the world.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I have to give a lecture in 12 hours. I guess I have plenty of time for a couple more pints.
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I can't leave the pub yet. USA is beating Puerto Rico. It would be un American to leave now.
DRINK!

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:19 pm
I can't leave the pub yet. USA is beating Puerto Rico. It would be un American to leave now.
Yup, definitely, employ those bastards in shittiest jobs. Let them pick damn fruits or maw your lawn!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

As I begin to close the door on this year's travel schedule, I find myself sitting in a bar in the San Diego airport reflecting on the incredible fondness I have for drinking in other cities.

First, is there a fancy name for it? Drunken Toursm? Alco-Tourism? Tipsy Travel?

Second, there are some printed travel guides out there which direct readers to historic drinking spots and places where famous drinks were concockted. But those books all fail to capture and fully describe the "personality" of bars and the drinking culture in various cities.

Finally, I realize that my review of any bar or drinking area is totally subjective. Is it possible to print or provide a guide to drunk travel without being subjective? Maybe it's an ap. Maybe something like travelocity. I wonder how valuable a drunk travelocity would be to people. I also wonder how hard something like that would be to build.
DRINK!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Alcotourism sounds good to me. It is a fine thing. I have thought it deserves it's own section on the board. Drinking Stories is the most natural place for reporting on trips taken, but what about the planning stages, comparing tips/destinations etc?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Casual Binger wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:51 pm
Alcotourism sounds good to me. It is a fine thing. I have thought it deserves it's own section on the board. Drinking Stories is the most natural place for reporting on trips taken, but what about the planning stages, comparing tips/destinations etc?

A fine idea, lad.

Many of our sort, our ilk, have taken the time to travel to visit others of our Modern Drunkard Magazine Nation that circumferences the globe. On their own dime, through the decades of this illustrious board.

Let's see how many things I can NOT frig up in attempting to do this. I make a promise to nnot delete anything. Just put up smom

some new area. Palinka would be knocking me noggin wiht his bottle of Chablis at this moment.

If the worst happens, maybe FKR will consider opening up a new board. See you all on Blackout Island. Goive me a few minuets...

Minuetttes.

some Chopin.

*hiccup*
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Weel, there you go. After looking through the avaiable

available persimmons, it appears that I do have the permission to mess things up. Evidently, and thank goodness, I do not have th e capability to create a new forum topic.

Howevar, anyone can create a new thread topic. The idea is: The art of getting hammered? ( not, not ban hammered, nor pudhammered, or any sort of thing as that)

But, perhaps a tpoic wherein a globval

Glo\ba

Gloved one can insert ghosts ( links to other tales of exploits) and such, but also leave the oringinal in pakce so nothing gets deleted.

That clear?'

I'll open up a nrw

a new topic, and we'll use that as practice.

Jebvbus

reads like foster brooks wihtoout his foster grants

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

This first hand all out drinking experience is so well put together that i have a serious question: do you pace yourself well or you can guzzle a barrel with no consequences? If i were to do travelling log, i would be a travelling log - you know, a piece wood appearing in random places.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

My drinking experience did not end with the touchdown of my airplane on the dried-out runway at Fresno Yosemite International Airport.

I walked off the plane, through the terminal, and straight to my car. Then I drove to a fundraising event for which I had purchased a ticket two months ago.

Each year, the local Kiwanis Club hosts the 200 Club. It's an old fashioned "smoker" event where only 200 men are invited. For $100, guests enjoy a steak dinner, gambling, and an open bar. Also, everyone is guaranteed to win some sort of prize. I walked away with a set of pruning tools, $60, and a really nice buzz from unlimited rum and coke.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 am
I walked away with a set of pruning tools,
Too bad it`s the same every year. How many do you have got in your collection now? 24?
Drink!