Friday night jail

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Friday night jail

Post by Savage »

mistah willies wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:04 am
^ ^ ^
Vertiginous: love the word but do not enjoy that feeling.

Look: musicophilia?
Now I'm on the rabbit hunt.
Which is enjoyable
(not the musicophilis, obv)
but the hunt, the trail, the research, the place I always end up: drinking

Mmmm... Morning beer. I promised to wean off,
but it's Saturday.
Or,
A day.
Well, just look up Dr. Oliver Sacks. All of his books are very interesting. Believe me, when that sort of thing--the musicophilia-- gets ahold of you, it gets worse and worse. I liked the Sousa and the big band, but the ugly angry rap and such was right out. Like having a neighbor with a really awful radio station blaring. And forget about turning on a white noise machine. I heard voices in the static. I thought that kind of thing only happened to people suffering from schizophrenia. Then later, I collapsed in a seizure at the grocery store. The docs have never figured out what caused that. I said, maybe I have a brain tumor, ha-ha--omg. But so far, so good. I get to go to a landmark remission checkup soon. I plan to demand they take out the freaking port. Like an appendix or an old lady's uterus, it has served its purpose and is just hanging around. Well, actually, what purpose does the appendix serve? ---Oh look, cute puppies!
like tears in rain

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Savage wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 am
Well, just look up Dr. Oliver Sacks. All of his books are very interesting. Believe me, when that sort of thing--the musicophilia-- gets ahold of you, it gets worse and worse. I liked the Sousa and the big band, but the ugly angry rap and such was right out. Like having a neighbor with a really awful radio station blaring. And forget about turning on a white noise machine. I heard voices in the static. I thought that kind of thing only happened to people suffering from schizophrenia...
I used to have some those old Radio Shack ® electronic board kits for nerdy kids: little spring coils for wires to connect the various components. Lights, capacitors, even a micro chip sounds generator.

Could make anything with it, all in the way it was wired it up.

The human brain must be like that.

Btw, the tick-tock of a big clock in a darkened room will drive me nuts. I start hearing tock-tick and then it switches back. Now for a drink.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

mistah willies wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am
Savage wrote:
Well, just look up Dr. Oliver Sacks. All of his books are very interesting. Believe me, when that sort of thing--the musicophilia-- gets ahold of you, it gets worse and worse. I liked the Sousa and the big band, but the ugly angry rap and such was right out. Like having a neighbor with a really awful radio station blaring. And forget about turning on a white noise machine. I heard voices in the static. I thought that kind of thing only happened to people suffering from schizophrenia...
Btw, the tick-tock of a big clock in a darkened room will drive me nuts. I start hearing tock-tick and then it switches back. Now for a drink.
It's like the Telltale Heart pounding underneath the floorboards lol. I don't like it either.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

My parents have a zillion clocks in their living room. You need a wale`s dose of drink to pass out in there
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

oettinger wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:18 am
My parents have a zillion clocks in their living room. You need a wale`s dose of drink to pass out in there
Cuckoo clocks?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sounds pretty cuckoo.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nah had one when I was a kid, that thing refused to work though
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Anything made out of styrofoam, squeaking during a car trip: bonkers I tell you

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

mistah willies wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am
Savage wrote:
I used to have some those old Radio Shack ® electronic board kits for nerdy kids: little spring coils for wires to connect the various components. Lights, capacitors, even a micro chip sounds generator.

Could make anything with it, all in the way it was wired it up.

The human brain must be like that.

Ooh, I would have wanted one of the RS kits when I was a kid, if I knew they existed. But if my parents had ever bought one, they would have given it to my brother, because I was just a giiirl. I also wanted a chemistry set. Yeah, I kinda wanted to blow things up, m'kay. I got a sewing kit. At least I had a cap pistol, that looked like the Long Ranger's gun. Save up your cap rolls and snag Daddy's hammer, go out to the curb, and WHAM! And the neighbor ladies told my mom there was something wrong with me. I grew up to have a daughter that saved up the heater thingies from the MREs that they were throwing out She made some dandy bombs with the heaters and some glass Ovaltine bottles. (they used to come in glass)
like tears in rain

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^
I used a favorite rock on a good flat rock.
But you had to unroll the red paper with the black dots.

Like that paper with the candy dots, but in reverse.

Don't get me started about tiny wax bottles of colored sugar water...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 pm
^ ^ ^
I used a favorite rock on a good flat rock.
But you had to unroll the red paper with the black dots.

Like that paper with the candy dots, but in reverse.

Or wrap it very tight around a coin with ducktape. Boom
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

mistah willies wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Yeah forgot about those! Why were those so strangely good?! I want one right now!

Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

It`s all 7up, you people are high again
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Now I am remembering wax lips. also wax mustaches. I thought the kids that actually ate them were freaks. Looking back, at my advanced age and all, I would have to say, yeah they were freaks. Also wax fingernails with long red-painted nails. WTF was up with all the wax crap back then? Just let me sit back and puff out some "smoke" from my sugar cigarette.

My dad used to smoke a pipe. I had a pipe. It blew bubbles. Just fling a tiny smoking jacket on me and I could have been one of those girls we like in GQ. Well, girls we like if we want to go to jail. I still can hardly believe that parents used to hand out candy cigarettes at Halloween. And our parents never batted an eye.
like tears in rain

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Things that suck about jail:

1. Finding a good time to take a shit (i.e., when there's toilet paper available and some cantankerous asshole isn't using the only roll as a pillow).

2. Trying to nap on concrete floors or benches to pass the time -- the hips don't rest well.

3. Punks fucking with you trying to threaten you into posting their bail when you get out by asking sneaky questions like where you work and using that information to leverage threats of repercussions if you don't bail them out. Sneaky fucks.

4. Having to breathe other people's shit fumes in the poorly air-conditioned cells.

5. The thin clothes providing no warmth. You wrap your arms around yourself to stay warm but are still shivering (maybe this is only a skinny guy problem).

6. Finding pubes in your food. Only the Lawd knows why.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.