Almost did it again

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Almost did it again

Post by Hugh »

Hit the bars yesterday and drank too long and too much. I got within two blocks of home and had to sit down, or actually, lay down. There is one of those concrete trash can protectors in front of the Union Bank building on 5th Avenue and I laid down behind it. As I was laying there I thought it looked like the perfect place for bums and drunks to take a piss on their way home, too. I didn't smell anything so I made myself at home. I saw a cop car go by and I tried to get up but couldn't. Fortunately he didn't see me, or maybe didn't give a shit. After about an hour or so I finally got myself up, threw a dollar in a busker's violin case and made it home.

Somebody texted me at 4 this morning. It just said, "Hi." The number is 562 233 6725. Can one of you guys who knows how to look up phone numbers tell me who it is? I googled it but didn't find anything.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Almost did it again

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Robo-dialer/text-bot trolling the numbers for responses.

I received one just yesterday with this:

"I'm at work, who is this?"

Definitely delete, no reply

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:35 am
Hit the bars yesterday and drank too long and too much. I got within two blocks of home and had to sit down, or actually, lay down. There is one of those concrete trash can protectors in front of the Union Bank building on 5th Avenue and I laid down behind it. As I was laying there I thought it looked like the perfect place for bums and drunks to take a piss on their way home, too. I didn't smell anything so I made myself at home. I saw a cop car go by and I tried to get up but couldn't. Fortunately he didn't see me, or maybe didn't give a shit. After about an hour or so I finally got myself up, threw a dollar in a busker's violin case and made it home.
Hugh, you are definitely walking the walk. Be careful there dear fellow. I've come to in a few public places as the sun was rising, simply thankful that my wallet and clothes where were I'd last left them.

It's a dangerous game we play, but play it we must.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I woke up without my wallet once on the sidewalk in another town. It`s somewhere in drinking stories
Drink!