Wlak Ch 4

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

The Urbane Spaceman
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Wlak Ch 4

Post by The Urbane Spaceman »

The two drunk bastards moved the vehicle over to the other end of the wide parking lot to the spot where they’d originally begun their night. They’d hidden it from themselves in case they got too drunk and attempted to drive it. That there was being done at this moment. Urb parked it and slid out.

Burney closed his door, then looked over at Urb and said, “Your chin is scratched up. You fell, didn’t you?”

Urb nodded. He said, “I chipped a tooth as well. But look at your jacket. It’s tattered at the elbows. A bit dusty as well.”

Burney said, “Yours is frayed all about the front side. And, wait, did you blow your nose on your lapels? Or is that jizz from the strip club?”

Urb said, “No. That’s hand sanitizer. I cleansed my facial wounds. Now about some bourbon.”

Burney said, “Hold on a moment. I want to put on a clean shirt I have in the back seat. Oh. Damn. Lump is on it.”

Urb said, “We should open windows and leave some music playing for him, so he won’t wake up and look for us while we have a round or seven. Does this car do such a thing?”

Burney said, “No fucking clue. Maybe it does? Ya know, for dogs and tots in the hot sun.”

Urb nodded. He said, “I’ll set the music for the bastard. Shake out your jacket. Mind your wallet it doesn’t go flying off into the lot.”

Urb found a satellite station on the radio that played something like this.

He pulled his jacket off and looked at it. Indeed, it was pretty fucked up. It looked like he had been in a fight with a wild boar. It should be said that when someone wrestles with a pig, only the pig remains the same as before. He pulled everything out of it and then tossed it over Lump in the back seat.

Now he simply appeared rumpled, but not ruffled.

Burney pulled his coat back on and held his arms down. He said, “So?”

Urb nodded. “Not bad. Maybe they’ll pour for us when we go in.”

Burney said, “Um, Urb, your eyes are all red. What happened?”

Urb said, “Hey. I’m sad because I’m friggin drying out here and now. Now shut your yap and let’s attend to some drinking.”

drinkdrinkdinkdunkdankdrinkdrankdrunkdrinkdrinkdinkdunkdankdrinkdrankdrunkdrinkdrinkdinkdunkdankdrinkdrankdrunk

Ella kept looking over at the white jacket slung over the back of the tall stool-chair at the bar. It appeared to be tight-fitting, with a zipper. When the barkeep turned to grab something form one of the upper shelves, she leaned over and sniffed the neck of the jacket. Her eyes lit up. A fresh jacket, with an interesting cologne. It smelled like the woods. She reached over to feel it, but swung her hand down when the barkeep turned back to the mix station with his bottle.

She wasn’t looking for money or anything like that. She simply wanted to hold the jacket up and bury her face in it, and breathe in deeply. That was the type of person she was.

The doors opened behind the ladies and two men with dusty trousers wandered in. One did not wear a coat. Then again, it was simply windy in the Nevada night. Ella grinned. She said, “Urb! Burney! You where the hell have you guys been?”

Urb went to her and gave her a hug. “We went on a walkabout. How the hell did you know that we would be here?”

Ella said, “You guys told us we should check this place out. We just got here. But you two look like you have been to the moon and back. Where’s you’re coat?”

Urb said, “I lost a fight with the ground. Someone sitting here?”

Ella said, “Nope. Someone left their jacket behind.”

The bar tender came over and said, “You two men appear to be a bit thirsty. Help ya with that?”

Urb nodded and said, “Two doubles of Booker’s, ice cube apiece. Anything for you ladies? Hey, there’s my jacket!” He flipped his card down on the bar top and slid it to the bar tender. The bartender took the drink orders from the ladies. As he pulled his new coat on.

Ella leaned over and whispered, “Nice!”

Urb checked the pockets and found nothing. Good. It had been orphaned. Fair.

Then Ella got up and hugged him fully, and buried her face in his chest and sniffed.

Urb stiffened up. “What’s this about?”

Ella said, “I have been wanting to smell this jacket for a while now. But you brought in some interesting scents. Is that coconuts and Fendi?”

Urb shrugged and said, “No idea about Fendi, but definitely my night’s in the mix.”

Ella said, “Have a seat, and do tell.”

Burney went and stood near the middle of the other three ladies. “Now please, let’s all promise to not talk shop. That begins in the morning. We have some drinking to do!”

The barkeep set down their orders, and Burney raised his glass for a toast. He said, “Let’s cheer to a good evening. We drink to the night, and frig whatever follows!”

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

---Urb out.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Wlak Ch 4

Post by oettinger »

Damn, I need like an intro: what happened before/previously on "The Urban Spaceman"

I aint gonna watch the whole season again you know
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:30 am
Damn, I need like an intro: what happened before/previously on "The Urban Spaceman"

Yeah, really, what the hell this? Ohh, got a free coat. yay

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:57 am
oettinger wrote:

You lucky bastard. I got an empty bag of fun
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:53 pm
mistah willies wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:57 am
oettinger wrote:

You lucky bastard. I got a big bag of Funions

Fixed that for ya