BubblesAnd Conner, and me

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

BubblesAnd Conner, and me

Post by Merchant Seaman »

One day about 1500ish, I wandered up from the cut to Conner Byrne's Pub, Conner's was a great bar, and Conner himself was a great barkeep, wild and more than a little crazy, born and raised in Ireland, immigrated to the U.S. where he had worked as a cook, then a commercial fisherman, then bought the old Owl Tavern on Ballard Ave, and renamed it after himself.

Anyway, the joint didn't properly open till 1600, but often Conner was there early, and if the door was open, he would usually serve you.

So I wander in, my eyes adjust and there are around five pints of Guinness on the bar and no people, Conner sticks his head up from behind the bar, holding a 6 cell mag-light, which he is shinning through each glass of Guinness, while peering at each glass through a magnifying glass.

Conner looks up at me, and says, "quickly lad, start drinking these!!"

So I start slamming Guinness, Conner keeps pouring Guinness, and inspecting each one with his light and glass.

I soon learn, that earlier that day Conner had read that the bubbles in a glass of Guinness go down, as well as up and he is trying to find out if this is true or not.

Conner keeps pouring I keep drinking, soon enough Una, the day bartender walks in, she shoos us out, we leave via the secret door in the back, which leads through a narrow passageway to the Lock And Keel, the bar next door, we sit down and order Whiskey.

I still have no idea if the bubbles in a glass of Guinness go down as well as up.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: BubblesAnd Conner, and me

Post by oettinger »

Up
Drink!