When you drink away your phone, your keys, your shades, your credit card, your gear...

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

When you drink away your phone, your keys, your shades, your credit card, your gear...

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

I can't imagine how terrible it must be for a woman realizing sha has lost/forgotten her handbag. They have everything in there!
Myself, I haven't carried a wallet for ages in order to not put all my eggs in the same basket. But I guess the worse feeling next morning is when your phone is missing: No...NO...AW NAAAAAAAW!!!. When it happens on a Saturday night, your hangover anxiety is the worse ever during Sunday, since you'll have to wait for Monday to go to the phone store.

I will never forget when that happened last time. I have had a great Saturday lunch in Lyon that had ended around 8pm with total stupid I-never-learn amateur mixtures from beer to Jägermeister, from red and white wine to yellow Chartreuse. After awakening from my blackout and realizing my phone was missing, I just left my place instinctively and still in the coma went back to what I believed was my last bar. It was around 9am and I wasn't even a real regular there but recognized a young bartender who was doing the opening. To make things worse he told me: "Man weren't you hammered last night?"
With almost tears in my eyes and half-hearted, I said You haven't found a phone have you?. He oppened a drawer and showed me a phone...It was mine!! I had simply left it on the bar. That relief man! I had to have myself four breakfast pints to celebrate!

So? How often have you drank away stuff?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: When you drink away your phone, your keys, your shades, your credit card, your gear...

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Yes I would be panic-stricken if I lost my purse but I carry a tiny one that basically just fits a phone and billfold and has a pocket for keys and I keep it anchored to my body like bombs strapped to a pizza delivery boy.

My problem is not losing stuff while drunk but I stash things while drunk, thinking it's a good idea at the time. Then I can't remember where I stashed it. I hate that.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: When you drink away your phone, your keys, your shades, your credit card, your gear...

Post by scream ale »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:46 am
I keep it anchored to my body like bombs strapped to a pizza delivery boy.
Seriously? You strap it to your neck?
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:46 am

My problem is not losing stuff while drunk but I stash things while drunk, thinking it's a good idea at the time. Then I can't remember where I stashed it. I hate that.
I misplace everything when I'm loaded. Makes the next day that much more interesting.

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

Aw please good people. Be a lil' generous here. Please do share your latest drinking away a precious item or...the relief à la "Dude man! My bankcard was in the other pocket!!".

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Somewhere on this board I wrote about waking up on a sidewalk in Düsseldorf without my wallet.
I walked to the bar I must`ve been drinking in but there was nothing to be found. That was a bummer
Drink!

SternoBoy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by SternoBoy »

Once I lost a friend and a car after a night of reasonably exuberant drinking. I woke up the next morning, went out to the street to get into my car to drive to work and... wtf! My car was gone! The bastards stole it!

So I took the bus to work.

Around 11 or so I realized that Harris wasn't in the house when I woke up. Hmm. Around 11:30 some of my memory returned. I'd loaned him my car after we got home so he could continue his endeavors (hey, it was the seventies).

On a hunch I called the Cambridge PD and asked if by any chance they'd come across my friend. "We turned him loose a half hour ago."

The lad had ended up in the Central Square Taco Bell with a couple of six packs and discovered that apparently in Cambridge they don't like it if you start guzzling beer at your table.

But all's well that ended well. Harris didn't get fined (just had to spend the night in the drunk tank) and I got my car back (didn't get towed).
I'm drunk and I vote

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

SternoBoy wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:06 am

The lad had ended up in the Central Square Taco Bell with a couple of six packs and discovered that apparently in Cambridge they don't like it if you start guzzling beer at your table.

But all's well that ended well. Harris didn't get fined (just had to spend the night in the drunk tank) and I got my car back (didn't get towed).
Great story, drunkard friend, I hope your mate had an abundance of beer and TB with a lot of hot sauce packets to compensate, reimburse you, and what have you, for your pain, suffering, and inconvenient moments without your vehicle. Thanks for sharing! Chin chin!
Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

This reminds me of the time one of my friends borrowed my car to go to a NYE party, a 1998 white Ford Taurus -- my first car that my great aunt gave me after she died.

I treated that car like shit.

When I went to drive it the next day, I noticed that one of my rear view mirrors was missing. He couldn't believe it, but rightfully gave me the money to get it fixed.

We still don't know how it happened. He must have pissed someone off.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nausea wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:42 am

We still don't know how it happened. He must have pissed someone off.
I drunkenly ninja kicked a mirror of a car once. Problem was the owner was in a diner watching it happen...
Drink!