My regular bar has issued me a challenge

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

H.P. Loveshaft
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by H.P. Loveshaft »

It's 16, they're listed in an above post, the ? one is confirmed as a skunked Delirium, which is a crying shame, especially since I'm probably the only one who knows it's skunked and I haven't the heart to tell them. The big bottle Belgians are still up for negotiation. I can take the tap run, just have to be smart about it and not get The Bloats, which is what killed us when we did the beer tower record, we took it and padded it by two but myself and two other key personnel were too full and bloated to soldier on into a complete blowout. Myself and my bro rallied, but morale was defeated and we needed one more at least to effectively put it to the sword. Needless to say, the buddy of mine who only lives 1/4 of a mile from the bar was not happy to see me at 1 AM.
Jesus! You think Eddie Money has to put up with this shit?!

Bigfoot
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bigfoot »

So basically your going for 20 beers over the course of the day right? What size pours are the tap beers? Pints? What size are the bottles?

How long is the place open? If you have more than 5 hours it should be a breeze. A beer every 15 minutes. And if you've got 10 hours hell that's only a beer every 30 minutes. You're home free dude.
The Pooba wrote:Don't hate, intoxicate.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Make sure Steve is there to witness the proceedings and take pictures.

H.P. Loveshaft
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by H.P. Loveshaft »

They're open 11 AM til 1:30 AM Thu-Sat, with Thursday being the likely canididate. The glasses are typical bar pints (they also have quart mugs), except for the Framboise and Delirium. It's the Belgians that worry me, and I'm pretty sure that's the first time in history anyone has said that. If they go for the whole bag of marbles, I'll be looking down the barrel of the Of the Chimay Grand Reserve 750 (9%), Duvel 750 ml (8.5%), Saison DuPont 750 (6.5%), and a Fin Du Monde short boy (9%). Those change the game from a leisurely jog to the gauntlet. The taps won't be too bad, in fact I'm thinking of doing that regardless tomorrow, it's 3PM-1AM happy hour, so it'll be like getting every fourth one free. My only other real stumbling block is getting up before noon on a day off.

Bigfoot
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bigfoot »

Knock 2 of the 750's out right off the bat, maintain buzz with taps, have another 750 somewhere along the way and finish with the last Belgian. You can do it!

Edit: when I say right away I mean like chug.
The Pooba wrote:Don't hate, intoxicate.

H.P. Loveshaft
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by H.P. Loveshaft »

Operation Tap Attack was a complete success Thursday night. Next is the taps with the Belgians, as soon as my wallet regenerates.

Cliffie S. Bockerson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Cliffie S. Bockerson »

My strategy is go in after I eat a family size KFC taters and gravy, and take the Chimay blast right out of the gate and then switch to something I don't care for like the cider and then the Boddy, and then enjoy a few of my usuals. My ace in the hole will also be my two least favorites: the Bud Light and the Framboise(8 oz.) will let me catch my breath. The two Belgian juggernauts worry me, but i f I can put them down by the halfway mark, I should be OK.
This paragraph is the most awesomest motherfucking paragraph I have ever read. If I ever have to go to alchohol-war, I want YOU, sir, leading me into battle.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

You can do it! I'd recommend sipping a little water now and again to avoid too much dehydration. Sometimes the dehydration factor can make you wane in your quest. Best of luck and hit us up with a full report!
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

fizzmaster wrote:You can do it! I'd recommend sipping a little water now and again to avoid too much dehydration. Sometimes the dehydration factor can make you wane in your quest. Best of luck and hit us up with a full report!
Horrible advice he's drinking beer volume will be his main concern which is also why I recomend the food come into play only after the beer munchies set in.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Oggar wrote:
fizzmaster wrote:You can do it! I'd recommend sipping a little water now and again to avoid too much dehydration. Sometimes the dehydration factor can make you wane in your quest. Best of luck and hit us up with a full report!
Horrible advice he's drinking beer volume will be his main concern which is also why I recomend the food come into play only after the beer munchies set in.
Sage advice there. i'd get the cider out of the way early, i tend to find that if i've had a belly full of lager, a cider on top gives it the "Snakebite" and tends to roll my head around a bit... but then i love the stuff.

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: My regular bar has issued me a challenge

Post by Coriolanus »

I'd recommend chugging until you can't chug no more, and then settling in for the long haul. If you can rail 4 or 5 of those beers in the first half hour, you have a nice relaxing drinking session in front of you, with extra PR points for sprezzaturra. You got this in the bag, buddy. Don't look at it as a challenge, but as a good night of free drinks on behalf of your ever-so-appreciative local. Attitude is everything, man.
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

H.P.,

I haven't carefully read all the posts on this thread, but what is the time-window (limit) for total consumption? I didn't notice a time limit but I may have missed it from a previous post.

Is there a "pass out" or "puke" rule? ie: If you pass out or puke but revive yourself within the time limit, are you allowed to continue?

One bit of advice: DEFINITELY space out the Belgians. I would consider saving one for last, because if you're teetering at that point, you could PROBABLY slug it down and keep it down long enough to win. If you bunch 'em up, you won't finish.

Just be glad there's no Gordons Special amongst the Belgians (12% alky).

CHEERS! and happy drinking.
Last edited by peetie44 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

One more thing,

Regarding the "water or no water" debate; you WILL be pissing a LOT and I personally believe that water will help keep the flow going strong and clean PLUS, when the body is dehydrated, nothing functions as well and alcohol definitely leeches moisture from the body. However, Oggar's makes a good point about overloading the stomach's storage capacity.

You MIGHT want to schedule a couple of low-level (easy on the Belgians) practice runs -- one with the occasional glass of water, one without.

Remember, practice makes perfect!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Eh, practice makes it a bit unfair. Just go in and balls-to-the-wall drink. I mean, that's kinda the point, isn't it? You're going to get extremely shitfaced. Embrace it. Love it. Be about it. I have faith in you, man.
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

peetie44 wrote:Regarding the "water or no water" debate; you WILL be pissing a LOT and I personally believe that water will help keep the flow going strong and clean PLUS, when the body is dehydrated, nothing functions as well and alcohol definitely leeches moisture from the body. However, Oggar's makes a good point about overloading the stomach's storage capacity.
Get an IV.