When Ex's Invade

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

H.P. Loveshaft
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

When Ex's Invade

Post by H.P. Loveshaft »

Recently I got wind that an ex-girlfriend of mine was in town from the east coast to see family, and had tread unbeknownst into the land of My Regular. Now this particular ex is a bit of ancient history, like 5+ years ago, but she did some pretty unforgiveable shit, and I hold onto a grudge like a snapping turtle holds onto a crippled muskrat. Now being that she doesn't know I'm a fixture at the establishment I figured I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and provide subtle clues as to why this is not neutral territory.

Similarly, a year and a half ago when I was off loaded by another treacherous harpy, she had the sand to show up at MY bar, you know, the one I had been going to a couple years before we met and the one she always got pissed off at me for wanting to go hang out with just the guys once a week over. This act of overt aggression would not stand, so I explained my situation to the manager and he brought them both over empty glasses, saying it was from "that guy over there". (she had been bitchy with this manager on a couple of previous occasions, so I believe he got a kick out of it) Apparently she and her bog-hag friend got the clue and left after finishing their drink. A lengthy and rather one sided phone conversation, fueled by my having gone to 11 at said disputed bar, reiterated under no negotiable terms was she to return to MY bar. No sightings have been reported, despite a verbal defiance that she might go where she pleases.

Anyone else have any "custody disputes" over drinking establishments after a break up? How many bars does one think they have claim to as "their bar" after a split? (I say depending on the size of the town 1-3, also taking into consideration frequency of patronage) Anyone have any interesting neutral ground run ins?
Jesus! You think Eddie Money has to put up with this shit?!

Dr. Dotto S. Blotto
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Dr. Dotto S. Blotto »

Think of the children!!!!!

Ah, custody disputes...The Warren in Cleveland/Lakewood was MINE when the man and I would argue since it's always where I ended up after a spat playing Whiskey in the Jar and Another One Bites the Dust as well as Crazy.

I have claimed bars as Mine before that, though. Particularly Edisons in Tremont & the Renaissance Hotel bar (formerly Stouffers) in Cleveland.
Slave to the Id since 1968.
Less Talk, More Monkey

"DRIVE, MONKEY! DRIVE!" - Dante

H.P. Loveshaft
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by H.P. Loveshaft »

No kids, no foul.
Jesus! You think Eddie Money has to put up with this shit?!

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I claimed all the downtown bars in my last break-up because she doesn't really drink.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Dr. Dotto S. Blotto wrote:the Renaissance Hotel bar (formerly Stouffers) in Cleveland.
They turned the Missus on to mojitos by mixing them with mango rum. I need to thank them for that....
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

My ex hated my bar, so she hasn't returned. In return, I hate her bar, but I have gone their twice since we broke up. The guys that work there suck and hit on her openly when we were together, so upon my first return, when they still remembered who I was, I rang up about a 15 dollar tab on dollar cans of beer and tipped them 1 dollar. Revenge!
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: When Ex's Invade

Post by Negromancer »

H.P. Loveshaft wrote:Recently I got wind that an ex-girlfriend of mine was in town from the east coast to see family, and had tread unbeknownst into the land of My Regular. Now this particular ex is a bit of ancient history, like 5+ years ago, but she did some pretty unforgiveable shit, and I hold onto a grudge like a snapping turtle holds onto a crippled muskrat. Now being that she doesn't know I'm a fixture at the establishment I figured I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and provide subtle clues as to why this is not neutral territory.

Similarly, a year and a half ago when I was off loaded by another treacherous harpy, she had the sand to show up at MY bar, you know, the one I had been going to a couple years before we met and the one she always got pissed off at me for wanting to go hang out with just the guys once a week over. This act of overt aggression would not stand, so I explained my situation to the manager and he brought them both over empty glasses, saying it was from "that guy over there". (she had been bitchy with this manager on a couple of previous occasions, so I believe he got a kick out of it) Apparently she and her bog-hag friend got the clue and left after finishing their drink. A lengthy and rather one sided phone conversation, fueled by my having gone to 11 at said disputed bar, reiterated under no negotiable terms was she to return to MY bar. No sightings have been reported, despite a verbal defiance that she might go where she pleases.

Anyone else have any "custody disputes" over drinking establishments after a break up? How many bars does one think they have claim to as "their bar" after a split? (I say depending on the size of the town 1-3, also taking into consideration frequency of patronage) Anyone have any interesting neutral ground run ins?
Maybe not defined legally as drinking establishments, but my ex screwed me over by starting to hang around my friends' parties just to indirectly see me, that crafty wench. She kind of crossed the line when I (hesitantly) agreed to let her go with me to a party before a concert, and she ended up being left behind in the apartment with a distant friend of mine because they both had passed out from all the drinks, whom she ended up fucking. The next thing I know she starts hanging out with this other friend of mine, who's (a) pretty weak-hearted (and was a) virgin, not familiar with the temptations of feeble bitches. She screwed him and seduced another mutual friend of ours, building up her axis of evil. She screwed something like a battalion of guys in three weeks, but still had the audacity to go bonkers when I met my current girlfriend just to go see a movie. I still have to deal with this wench on a regular basis, and I'm confident she's cast some sort of curse on me. But I know for a fact that her lovelife is among lovelives what Moldova is amongst other european countries, and her emotional life is pretty screwed up. I wouldn't mind if she fell asleep in the middle of the highway or fell down the stairs, though.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Hinchliffe
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Suburban Blight, Texas (I know it's weird, but I'm a chick. Sorry to disappoint.)

Post by Hinchliffe »

Negromancer wrote: But I know for a fact that her lovelife is among lovelives what Moldova is amongst other european countries...
This, sir, made me very nearly spit beer on my monitor. Well struck! Thread necromancy forgiven on my part.
"Ducking for apples -- change one letter and it's the story of my life." -- Dorothy Parker

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Only 2 bars in my town. And only one we really like.
We'd better never get a divorce. That could turn ugly....
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I actually lay claim to ALL bars in my town, except of course for the shitty ones I would actually prefer for her to go there so she can pay a cover and get shitty service.

Thing is, I don't feel the need to tell her I lay claim to the bars, I simply have way more friends in them than she does so she feels uncomfortable going in.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

redshift
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by redshift »

Resident Asshole wrote:I actually lay claim to ALL bars in my town
Amen.
The What?? I hate signature images!

the green fairy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by the green fairy »

I worked at a bar, dated a guy that came in, then we broke up.
He had been coming to the bar before I worked there, but I still see it as my bar because it was my source of employment.
That and all the bartenders were on my side when he showed up loaded with another girl about a week after we'd broken up. It was a pretty messy situation.
sometimes I think it's a shame, when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain - Gordon Lightfoot

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

the green fairy wrote:I worked at a bar, dated a guy that came in, then we broke up.
He had been coming to the bar before I worked there, but I still see it as my bar because it was my source of employment.
That and all the bartenders were on my side when he showed up loaded with another girl about a week after we'd broken up. It was a pretty messy situation.
Did you water out his drink with lye?
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

I've found that if you just go and piss in the corner of each bar you want and mark your territory - then you're good to go.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

the green fairy wrote:all the bartenders were on my side when he showed up loaded with another girl about a week after we'd broken up. It was a pretty messy situation.
Well good luck convincing any self-respecting drunk that it's your bar if he was going there before you. And I don't see anything wrong with showing up with another girl unless he made a point of trying to hurt you.

I just saw one of my ex's at the bar last night, she's actually dating a guy on my softball team. MOF, I see an ex almost every time I go out to the bar. No biggie to me.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619