Jim's Tap

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Beer Belly
Souse
Souse

Jim's Tap

Post by Beer Belly »

I like to have a drink or nine at a little place called Jim's. On the walls you'll find swords, axes, a boar's head and more. In the men's room, excuse me the LORDS room, a chalkboard can be found above the urinal. Not only does this cut down on senseless vandalism, it gives frustrated poets like myself a venue to spew my art on the world. A recent submission: "Rebecca, you have the right Romain Stamos."

The beer's cold, the bartenders are not. If you pay them just 20$ you can go "AROUND THE WORLD" and drink 12 beers from, well, around the world. Plus you get a t-shirt (I have 3) In addition to the beers and the swords, there are usually a good group of cool people.

Also once a year, they let people drive motorcycles through the bar in an unprecedented 'ride-through'.

SO if you're in Brookings, SD, come on down to the dirty, fun, and most of all dirty hangout we call 'Jim's" I'll be the one with a mug of beer and a big stupid grin of my face. CHEERS!

evilChuck
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: Jim's Tap

Post by evilChuck »

Sounds fucking epic. If/when i decide to drive instead of fly to go see my sister and my ex-gf this should defo be a stop along the way

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

There's a decent chance I'll be taking a job in Brookings soon and if I do Jim's will likely be my regular hangout. I actually won a tattoo contest during ride through night a few years back when my buddy was working behind the bar. My prize? $5 and a six pack of Harley (Leinnenkugel's) beer.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

That sounds like a place I could hang out in. Any place with a regular ride thru has got to kick ass...

also...
I knew its a Miller item but I didnt know Leinie brewed Harley beer
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I don't know if Harley beer is still made by Leinies or not. It was for a few years anyway, but it very well could be something different now.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Update:

I have accepted a job in Brookings, SD. Stopped by Jim's for a drink and looking for a bite to eat while house hunting over the Independance Day weekend. Jim's wasn't open yet, which was no surprise because from what I am told they open whenever Ian the bartender happens to rool his ass out of bed. This wasn't too big of a disappointment, but Cubbies was closed for remodeling and the Ram was also closed for the weekend. A place called Oly's, that I wasn't familiar with, was also closed. So, the Missus and I went acros the street to a place called The Pheasant. She was immediately impressed because you can still smoke in public in SD and there video lottery machines to left as we walked in the door. They made a damn fine patty melt and tap domestics beers were only $2 for what I imagine was a 22 0z draw. they also had the hosue drink on special. It's called a ringneck. $2 as the price. It's a combinaiton of white rum and apricot brandy in a rocks glass. I had to drive back home so I declined to have one right away, but I will be back and will report on the success of this drink.

Beer Belly: PM me. I'd love to get together and have a few drinks with you sometime.

cheers

-Bluto